Chapter 20

Liam's POV:

I can't help worrying about Annie. It's her first day back at college after everything that's happened with her Mum and the announcement of our relationship, and I honestly don't know how she's going to deal with it. I know college sucks, I was bullied for years and it never got any better, until I auditioned for the xfactor and met my 4 best friends. Annie doesn't have any of that, and I'm scared for her.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

I looked up and Louis had walked over to me, stirring a cup of tea in his hands.

"I'm just thinking about Annie.' I admitted.

"You've got it bad mate, and she'll be fine. She's a strong one.' Louis smiled, before going upstairs to help Zayn pack.

Today is a big day for us, and we're trying to keep in under wraps. Zayn is moving out of our house and moving in with his long-tern girlfriend Perrie. From what I understand, he met her at school four years ago and they've been seeing each other ever since. I'm so happy for him, he deserves someone who can make him laugh and feel loved. I'll miss him like hell though, he's always so good for positive advice and he's my best mate so it'll be weird without him around.

"Well, there's going to be more shelf space in the bathroom without all his products, that's for damn sure!" Niall joked, walking down the stairs with Zayn's smaller suitcase.

Yes, Zayn is taking three suitcases with him, and the smaller one is full of all his products. I'm being completely serious.

"Well, I guess this is it..." Zayn trailed off, and I saw tears pooling in his eyes.

"Dude, this isn't the end. We'll still see you every day." Harry told him, engulfing him in a hug.

"Damn right, although I will miss seeing your ugly face every morning." Louis joked, sighing dramatically, before clapping Zayn on the back and then giving him a small hug.

"See ya later then, I'll miss you.." Niall choked up, giving Zayn a quick hug before pulling away and trying to compose himself.

"Well Zayn, good luck with Perrie and uh, take care of yourself bro." I murmured, saying goodbye to my best friend. It'll be so strange not having him around all the time.

"Liam, you have Annie now, she'll look after you." Zayn assured me, before giving me a quick hug and walking out the door, Harry helping him with the suitcases.

The rest of us just stood there, feeling like there was an empty space between us. It already felt different.

"I'm going to call Grace." Louis muttered, before disappearing into his bedroom.

"I guess I should make lunch, it's that time already." Niall said slowly, heading towards the kitchen to get some food.

I wandered over to the window and looked out just in time to see the black taxi take Zayn away, and Harry walking back towards the house, his hands in his pockets and his head hung low. There were also a few paps around snapping pictures of the taxi and of Harry, one even spun around and took a picture of me standing at the window. I quickly drew the curtains closed.

The front door opened and closed softly, Harry entering the house and immediately heading to his room to be alone. I sighed heavily and threw myself on the sofa, turning on the TV and flicking through the channels until I found repeat episodes of How I Met Your Mother.

"I'm going out." Louis's voice broke my concentration. I'd been watching the TV for over an hour now.

"Where?" Niall asked from his curled up position on the other sofa.