Chapter 24

Annie's POV:

I woke up with a feeling of complete bliss, totally relaxed and spaced out. I couldn't place my finger on the reason why as I groggily rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. Looking around Liam's room, everything was normal and in the correct place. Sighing, I turned over to be faced with a very shirtless Liam sleeping next to me.

Then the memories came flooding back, Liam kissing me and touching me, my brain full of lust and heat and passion. We'd had sex last night.

I quietly slipped out of our bed and grabbed some clothes from my wardrobe, deciding I needed a quick shower to clear my mind. Obviously this didn't work, the hot water only cleared the traces of sweat from my skin. I scrubbed at my hair furiously, angry at myself for letting him tear down my boundaries so quickly. How could I have let last night happen? It was too soon, way too soon. I'd told myself that there wouldn't be anyone else for a while after Blake, but then I just hopped into bed with Liam.

Furious and disappointed with myself, I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, quickly dressing myself. As I was buttoning up my blouse, I saw small love bites and scratches over my skin. Frowning, I tugged my jeans down a small way and saw the same scratches on my thighs and my bum. Great, now there was physical evidence of what went on between Liam and I last night as well as the mental war I was having with myself over it.

I wrapped my hair in a towel and wore it turban style, grabbing my pyjamas and entering the familiar bedroom. I quietly dodged the creaky parts in the floorboards so I wouldn't disturb Liam, and placed my pyjamas in their usual place underneath my pillow. I looked at him lying there, so peaceful and with a small smile on his face. I feel so guilty for regretting last night but it was my fault, I started it, I was the catalyst. I couldn't stand looking at him anymore, so I hurried out of the room and vaguely thought about breakfast.

Of course Harry was waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

"Good morning Anastasia," He greeted with that stupid smirk on his face.

"I'm not in the mood Harry, please just leave me alone." I muttered, walking around him to go into the kitchen and make myself some toast.

"What's wrong?" He was still pestering me, why couldn't he get the hint?

"Look, I'm just not in a great mood today and I'd very much like to be left alone!" I didn't mean to yell at him but my night with Liam was still weighing heavily on my mind.

"Well you can be alone as much as you like after today, since me and the guys are leaving." He said coldly, turning his back and storming away from me.

Sighing, I spread Nutella over my toast and carried it into the lounge area, sitting by myself on the large wooden table that's meant to be used for meals but never is.

"I made you a cuppa, thought you might need one," Louis said, placing the tea in front of me.

"Thank you, it's much needed." I tried to laugh but it came out distorted.

"Want to tell me what's wrong?" He took a seat opposite me and looked at me intently.

"It's just, I guess my relationship with Liam is starting to get serious but it's at the worst time as you guys are all going away on tour. Last night. . .I think I made a big mistake and there's no way it can be undone! I just don't know what to do." I didn't mean to unload all of that on Louis, but I opened my mouth and it all blurted out. I did feel slightly better talking it out with someone rather than keeping it to myself, it was almost cathartic.

"I know it's bad timing for you two, but you both care for each other so much and if you hadn't noticed, Liam loves you! So whatever mistake you made, I'm sure he'll forgive you in a heartbeat." Louis smiled, trying to reassure me. Needless to say it didn't work.