Chapter 21

Annie's POV:

As we approached the house, my heart felt like it was lodged in my throat. I can't believe I'm going through with this, something bad is going to happen. I can feel it.

"Liam, just turn the car around and take me home. We can hang out with the boys and-"

"Babe please, just give this party a chance." He soothed me, reaching across the gear stick to gently stroke my thigh.

I sighed, seeing no point in arguing back. He's right, I should at least show my face and try to act like a normal teenager. That way, no one can call me a loser for not bothering to show up.

"You'll come as soon as I call you, right?" I asked nervously, we'd just arrived at the house.

"Of course, now go have fun!" Liam smiled.

I offered a small smile and a quick kiss before getting out of the car and slamming the door closed behind me. This is it. A famous college party full of drunk and hormonal teenagers. I sighed again, this was definitely not my idea of fun.

"Babe, I love your outfit by the way. See you later!" Liam had rolled down the window, and waved at me before driving off into the darkness.

My outfit was nothing special at all, I'd attempted to dress like the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland, but with my own take on it. I wore the weirdest outfit I could find; tartan tights, black denim shorts, a mustard yellow short-sleeved shirt, a black blazer, and some back converse. Around my neck was a dice necklace and I'd backcombed my hair, using purple hair chalk to add some quirky streaks to it. My makeup was simple; foundation, powder, a little eyeliner, mascara, and some lilac eye shadow.

So I didn't turn up looking like a slutty rabbit, I turned up looking like a weirdo. And by the looks I was getting from the egotistical teenagers, no one could work out what I'd come as.

I made my way towards the door, dodging all the couples making out on the front lawn. Isabel was known for throwing legendary parties and I could see why. Once I was inside the house, it looked totally different. There were fake spider-webs everywhere and there were skeletons concealed in doorways and dark corners. Creepy music was playing loudly from an ipod dock in the lounge, and 'Poisoned Cocktails' were being served out of a huge punchbowl in the kitchen. The liquid was a swamp green colour and something was added to it made smoke rise from the surface. There was apple bobbing in the downstairs bathroom; the bathtub had been filled with alcohol and the apples were floating around in it, someone had already passed out. There were also pumpkins everywhere, with sinister designs carved into them. One had a man being ripped apart by a hooded figure. This was definitely not my kind of party.

I turned to leave, my finger poised over the 'Call' button on Liam's contact profile, when someone grabbed my elbow. 

"Annie, you made it!" Isabel screamed, obviously intoxicated.

"Yeah, it looks like I did." I said, unsure of how to handle a drunk Isabel.

"You look like you need a drink." She slurred, dragging me into the kitchen where Chloe was serving the cocktails.

"Chloe! Our Annie here needs a drink!" Isabel yelled, pushing me into the table.

"No, really I'm good. Thanks for the offer but-"

"Ssshhh, drink!" Isabel placed a finger at my lips, interrupting my protest.

"Here you go, one Poisoned Cocktail!" Chloe said, passing me a cup of the smoking green liquid.

I looked at it doubtfully, there's no way I'm drinking this.

"Come one, don't be a stiff. It tastes really good!" Chloe encouraged, smiling at me.