Chapter 6

Liam's POV:

 This is what most would call paradise. The rolling green fields covered in wildflowers, the deep blue summer sky and the song-birds singing high among the branches of the oak trees. This screamed freedom. There were no cars in sight, no screaming fans or annoying paparazzi, no skyscrapers. Just flawless, untouched countryside.

  I turned around, expecting to see the boys all admiring the view like I was, but there was no one there. That was strange. I expected to hear Niall's muffled laughter from behind the thick blackberry bushes, or see Louis' striped shirt fleet through the gap in the oak trees, but there was nothing. Just the music from the songbirds and the sound of the leaves dancing in the gentle breeze.

  One of the advantages of having my hair shaved off is the fact that it's cooler in the summer for me, God knows what it must be like for Harry.

  I decided to go and explore, to enjoy solitude for a while. I looked down at my clothes. I was wearing a white, short-sleeved tshirt with pale blue cut off shorts, and FatFace flip-flops. Nice outfit, even though I don't remember picking it out. I admire myself for good fashion sense.

  As I walked down the twisted country lane, I thought I heard someone call my name. Pausing for a second, I turned around, expecting to see Harry or one of the boys, but again there was no one. I resumed humming the tune of 'Little Bird' by Ed Sheeran. I have some serious man-love for that guy, he's just amazing.

  "Liam."

  I spun around, stopped humming right in the middle of the chorus, to confront whoever was calling my name. I was on edge. It wasn't one of the boys. It was a girls voice. Turning back around wearily, fed up with their games, I almost walked straight into her again. Annie.

  She looked fantastic, wearing a denim playsuit with a very pale yellow short-sleeved tshirt underneath. I looked down to her feet, and saw that she had not shoes on. She had friendship bracelets and wooden bangles around each wrist and a mood-ring on the thumb of her right hand. Her long mahogany hair was loose and tumbled down her back, loose strands fluttered around her face, framing it, and her stormy eyes glittered with happiness. To see me? No. The last time she saw me she was terrified. But here she was, stood directly in front of me, rosy cheeks and her plump red lips parting to reveal a beautiful smile.

  "Liam." She said again, her eyes never leaving mine.

  I smiled, captivated by her. What was it about her that had my blood racing?

  "Liam." She said again, more urgently this time. I frowned and took her slender hands in mine.

  "Annie." I whispered her name, and lifted her hands up to my lips. She smiled impishly, snatched her hands away, and skipped off down the lane.

  "Annie!" I tried to go after her, but my feet were secured to the ground. My surroundings faded into blackness until Annie was the only thing left, and even she was fading into the distance.

  "Liam." Her ghostly voice morphed into one that sounded oddly familiar.

 "Liam! Wake up, for God's sake, we're going to the studio in about half an hour, as you suggested. LIAM!" I was aware of Zayn yelling at me, but I needed to chase after Annie, I needed to-

  A pillow was smacked rather viciously into my face, with some force I might add.

 "Wha-" I opened my eyes in complete shock, my vision cleared to see an angry looking Zayn staring down at me.

 "Finally! It's like trying to wake the fucking dead getting you out of bed!"

  "Sorry." I mumbled, still trying to collect my thoughts. Why had I dreamed about Annie?