Harry - Vampires Part Two

You stayed silent, pulling the blankets up as you denied yourself the opportunity to sleep.

If Harry was a vampire, he wouldn't be asleep, and if he wasn't asleep, what was he doing?

The anxiousness you felt was becoming too much, so instead, you pushed the blankets off of you and crept out into the hallway.

You shut the door behind you, noticing a light coming from downstairs as you followed it, ending up outside of the living room.

You looked in, seeing Harry sitting on the sofa, his eyes transfixed onto the television. He didn't look tired; his green eyes were bright and wide awake as he stared ahead, consumed by the television programme he was watching.

"Harry?" You call.

His head snapped in your direction as he blinked his bright eyes, his red lips curving up into a soft smile.

However, his demeanour changed when he noticed you weren't smiling back, something you hadn't realised you wasn't returning until now.

You physically couldn't. You were terrified. If he was a vampire, then what were his intentions? He said he was wanted to protect you, but maybe he was just like the other guy who you were certain had been a vampire.

"Is everything alright?" He asks, concerned as he stands up.

"I'm fine, I-I just couldn't sleep. Could I please have some water?" You ask, not knowing how to approach him or what to say to him in order to get out of this with your life.

"Yes of course," He says immediately, offering you a smile as he heads into the kitchen quickly, his feet carrying him faster than anyone you'd ever seen before.

"Wow, you're fast." You say, regretting the words the minute they slipped out.

He stared at you for a moment, his hand holding a glass of water as he laughs softly, his smile captivating.

"I guess that's not a bad thing." He replies and you shake your head in agreement.

He watches you as you take the glass from him, almost suspiciously.

"Y/N, are you afraid of me?" He asks, his frown showing worry and concern.

"No," You simply say, shaking your head as you take a sip of water.

"You can be honest, I won't hurt you, I promise." He assures you, stepping forward as you take a step backwards.

"It's just - you're a stranger. I don't know you and I genuinely didn't know it I was going to survive tonight after what happened -"

"Hey, it's okay. I promise, you're safe. I'm sorry, I know you don't know me, but you have to trust me. I know the guy who tried to attack you and I know he'll try again if I let you go home." Harry explains, his green eyes soft and genuine as he takes a small step closer to you.

"Why? What does he want from me?" You question, not knowing whether you were more scared of staying or leaving.

"He - he's, well, he's..."

"He's what?" You prompt, your heart beat racing.

"Y/N, if I tell you... You have to promise not to freak out... It's complicated." He says, his eyes brighter as they widen.

You're lost for words as you nod, although now he had told you not to freak out, you most likely would.

"Okay, well, basically, he's a vampire."

"A vampire?" You ask, having heard him loud and clear, but desperate for this to be some kind of horrible joke.

"Y-yes - look, I know this is a shock, but I can protect you from him. You're going to be okay." He reassures you, reaching forward to grab your hand as you move away from him.