Taken Part Three- Scully

Scully woke to the cracking of glass. She sat bolt upright and grabbed her gun, just as someone started screaming. "MARY!" She yelled and ran to her door. Hammered on it, Scully tried in vain to open it, though it was locked. Thumps and screams echoed from inside. Mulder stampeded up the stairs.

"Move!!" Scully darted to the side just as he kicked the door open. Moonlight streamed in through the glass-less window. Mary Wilkerson lay on her back screaming and struggling as a large, muscular blonde wolf attacked her viciously. Already, she supported several cuts from the two inch claws and bite wounds. Mulder fired his gun, the bullet colliding into the brute's leg. He howled in pain and stepped off Mary. She struggled and crawled away from it sobbing. Scully fired another shot at the wolf. It dodged and sprung into the air, jumping on her. Scully yelped as the wolf took her pajama leg in its teeth. It ran down the stairs, teeth still gripping onto her.

Mulder yelled at Mary to call for help and pursued down the stairs. As the wolf had grabbed Agent Scully's legs, she was able to keep her head from hitting a stair with her hands. The creature crashed through the front door and all she could do was hope not to get hit. Mulder fired shot after shot at it though missed entirely. The wolf ran faster, approaching the forest. Scared, she yelled, "MULDER!!"

"SCULLY!!" He answered desperately, but he was too far behind. Soon, the wolf hid behind a tree pulling her beside him. Scully was injured and too weak to move after being dragged through the forest, hitting sticks, stones, and the trunks of trees. She collapsed into a heap beside him. Scully heard the faint sounds of Mulder's hopeless pursuit before everything lapsed into darkness.

***

Scully woke to a blinding ache all over her body. She just lay there, trying to remember what had happened. 'Mary had screamed, and there was a blonde wolf in her room... Then she was dragged away by the wolf while Mulder ran after them... MULDER!' Her eyes snapped open, only to be greeted by dull brown walls. The floor beneath her was grey wood, scratched and pitted. On her right ankle was a thick, coarse rope, tying her to a wooden peg in the wall. Beside her, Mulder lay stretched out, unconscious. A lump on his head indicated he had been hit there and several bruises marked his arms. Instead of rope, his right ankle was tied to the wall with a chain. Scully wasn't sure whether to feel insulted or glad.

Mulder twitched in his sleep, murmuring unintelligible phrases. She caught her name, Scully, thrown in there a couple of times though. Scully crawled stiffly over to her partner. She heaved him over closer to the wall next to her and placed his head in her lap as she waited for him to wake up. Absentmindedly, she started to stroke his brown locks as she thought about their predicament. They were trapped in this room but by who? And how did the wolf get them here..? There were so many missing pieces to this puzzle. And what about that serial killer? Weren't the victims mangled and beat to death...? Suddenly, Scully felt a sliver of fear worm its way into her heart.

Mulder stirred in her lap and raised his head. "Scully?" He mumbled, voice thick with sleep. "Ouch." He rubbed his head, feeling for the lump on his head. She moved her hands quickly away from his hair, hoping he wouldn't notice. He looked up at her, confused. "Were you, um.. Stroking my hair?" Damn.

Scully blushed and looked away. Sensing that he was grinning slightly at her, she refused to meet his eyes. He sat up, accidently putting pressure on her bruised stomach and she winced a little at the pain. Mulder noticed and quickly shifted his weight off. He grabbed her hand and moved it away. Startling her, he tugged the hem of her green shirt up. His hands found the blue, black, and purple spots covering her lower abdomen. He fingered them slightly and looked up guiltily. "Sorry Scully. Are you sure you're okay?" She nodded and tugged her shirt down over her stomach again.

"Mulder, we've got to find a way out." Mulder stood and offered a hand to her. She took it and he raised her carefully. "Try to find a way out, any weaknesses in the wall or something." Scully limped to the left side of the small room. She was still barefoot and the wood was cold beneath her soles. She found no weaknesses in the wall of any sort and found only the small frame of a door. Where the doorknob used to be was nothing but a black hole. She limped back toward Mulder, who was studying a small window at his eye level. He was certainly too tall to fit through but Scully could, as soon as they figured out how to get her free. Though it was only rope holding her to the wall, it was strong and thick, the kind used to anchor ships.

"Find anything else?" He asked her hopefully. Scully shook her head wordlessly. They headed back to their previous spot next to each other near the wall. "What time do you think it is?" Mulder asked.

"I'm... Not quite sure actually. Maybe late morning or early afternoon, judging by the light. Do you think Mary called the cops?" Scully answered.

"I'm quite sure she did."

"What do you think will happen Mulder? What if- what if this the serial killer our case was on?" He looked down into her eyes, reading the worry in them. He leaned down and took her face in his hands. Mulder rubbed circles into Scully's cheeks.

He whispered, "Don't worry Dana. We'll be fine" Mulder leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. They fell asleep in each other's arms.