Switched Part Four- Scully

Oh, she couldn't believe him! How dare Mulder tell her Mother they were in a relationship! If Mulder hadn't been inhabiting her body, she'd probably have punched him in the face already. She turned to go back to the house, ignoring Mulder's pleading eyes. Of course, she understood why he did it. But couldn't he have come up with a better lie? "Oh, I'm sorry Mom but you know Mulder, his family doesn't exactly celebrate Christmas and I felt sorry for him..." Scully breathed deeply, the familiar smell of the scrumptious apple pie her mother made filled the whole house.

"Lunch is ready!" Margaret Scully's voice echoed through the house and immediately, everyone dashed toward the living room. Scully joined them, with Mulder rushing after her, looking confused. The Scully's were all sitting at the table, excitement shining in all their faces. 'Mulder' joined them, soon followed by 'Dana.' The lunch went by fast, and soon the plates were all licked clean and spotless. Mulder, with it being his first time ingesting Margaret's delectable dishes finished last and the red dress Scully had forced on him was even tighter.

Margaret had hardly touched her food, instead glancing excitedly at her daughter and Mulder. When at last, they had all finished, she stood and said breathily, "Dana, Mulder, don't you have something to say?" Mulder stood up, followed quickly by Scully. They met together at the head of the table, where the Scully Family stared at them curiously. 'Here it goes...' Scully thought.

Mulder looked up at Scully and smiled gently. His eyes were kind, gentle and reassuring. They told her, "We'll be fine!" Mulder took her hand and facing her brothers, said, "We're uh, dating now." William and Charles both looked surprised though Tara bolted up immediately.

"Oh that's great Dana!!" She hugged Mulder tightly and pressed a kiss to his cheek. Her brothers were a bit less enthusiastic though. Even when they'd been getting along well earlier, they were now giving her cautious looks. Scully sighed. Her brothers were so protective. Then Charles smiled.

"I like Mulder, Dana. He's great." "Dana" smiled warmly at him, seemingly beaming from the praise.

William looked over at him, a warning concealed in his deep eyes that said, 'don't hurt my sister or I'll kill you and bury your remains somewhere nobody will find it.' "Oh, and you can call me Bill."

Scully nodded uneasily. Damn, her brother could be scary sometimes. "Of course, Bill."

Mulder raised his now blue eyes at Scully's stoick face. A smile tugged at his lips and Scully just couldn't keep the smile off her face.

***

Scully reached over Mulder's shoulder and unlocked her apartment. They stumbled inside laughing. They seemed to have had one too many drinks at the Party. Mulder crashed into a lamp, his pale hand knocking it off the table. The fallen light cast shadows upon his reddish hair. "HAHAHA!! SCULLAY! I can see through my skin!"

"Lemme see Mulder!" Ever the Medical Doctor, she was excited to see blood flowing through veins. Scully jogged to where Mulder lay sprawled. Unaccustomed to long legs, she fell over his shorter ones. She landed hard on his chest, eliciting a groan of pain from him. Scully rested her head on Mulder's chest and sighed. "This is gonna be fun."

Mulder pulled her up, resting her head on his shoulder. He leaned into her and Scully could feel his wide smile. "Of course, I get to date you now." Scully laughed, the world darkening around her. She fell into a deep sleep, listening to the slowing of Mulder's breath.

When at last, she came to, it was to a faint ringing alarm emitting from somewhere above her. Scully jolted up, knocking Mulder's hand off her waist. She glanced at the clock. 7:05. "Shit!" Leaping up, Scully ran to the bathroom, but not before prodding Mulder none too gently in his side.

Twenty five minutes later, both Federal Agents were dressed (though a bit sloppily) and on their way to the Bureau. As they passed Skinner's office they crossed their fingers and hoped feverishly he wouldn't notice. Thankfully, he didn't. Alone at last in the elevator, Mulder knotted his fingers through his wet hair. "I need a towel. And how do you even walk in these things?" Scully sighed.

"You walk, Mulder." The elevator dinged open. Scully began to tread the familiar path down the cold stone hallway, Mulder wobbling behind her. She heard him curse as he tripped and almost went flying. "Just take off the damn shoes!" She yelled behind her. The clacking of the pumps disappeared behind her.

"All right, what's your problem?" Mulder had caught up with her and grabbed her wrist turning her back around.

"Nothing! I just have killer headache..." Instantly, Mulder's blue eyes softened and the hard expression on his feminine features (That was so weird to write) disappeared.

"I have some advil in the office. Let's go." Mulder led Scully to their office then rummaged in a drawer for the pills. Scully turned to the file cabinet with the X Files.

"You think there's an X file on what happened to Us?" Mulder looked up at her.

"We should check, I haven't found one yet, but still." Mulder padded to the cabinet in his bare feet, he hadn't quite gotten used to the panty hoses his partner wore everyday. Both agents spent the next hour or so poring over the old files, some of which were already yellowed and crumpled. It wasn't until Scully reached the last drawer did she find a file that matched their current predicament.

"Mulder, look! Two teenagers in Florida claimed to have switched bodies in 1932 and filed an investigation with the police. The authorities disregarded their claim and labeled them as crazy. However, they started spouting facts about the other's life, that only one who's known the other could. They lived 4 miles from each other and hated each other at school." Scully raised her head, meeting Mulder's gaze.

"Where are they now?"

"The girl, Allysa died two years ago but the guy, George is still alive. He lives in Tallahassee."

"I'll meet Skinner and tell him we're "investigating" a sighting of mysterious lights above the Everglades." Mulder strode toward the door.

"Actually, Mulder, I better do that. He might not believe that I would be so eager to investigate UFO's in the Everglades." Scully passed him, heading toward the elevators.

"Right," Mulder muttered. "I forgot I was you."