Chapter 20: Missing

"Oppa, I'm going!" Ella said as she walked out her apartment.

"Take care!" Nathan yelled from his room.

=Ella’s POV=

'It's Thursday today! It's my lucky day!' I thought as I made my way to the classroom.

"Ella!"

I turned back and saw Seunghyun running after me. "Annyeong, Seunghyun."

We entered the room and Yuki was in her seat. "Ella, Seunghyun!" She waved at us.

"Annyeong, Yuki!" Seunghyun and I said in chorus.

"Guys, have you answered our homework?" Yuki said in panic.

"Ne. You want to copy, don't you?" Seunghyun stated the obvious while we sat on our seats.

Yuki smiled innocently. "Can I?"

"Sure." Seunghyun rummaged his bag and handed Yuki his notebook.

"Kamsahamnida!!!!" Yuki said.

Seunghyun and I just laughed.

After ten minutes, Yuki was done copying. "Seunghyun, you're a life saver!" She said as she turned to Seunghyun and returned the notebook.

=End of Ella’s POV=

Lunch break came and the three of them decided to go outside the campus for lunch. They went to the nearest restaurant from school. Ella sat across Yuki and Seunghyun.

"Ella, do you have a boyfriend?" Seunghyun asked in the middle of their lunch.

"Ne." She answered immediately.

"Was he the one who fetched you the other day from school?"

Ella nodded. Seunghyun smiled.

"I can tell that he really like you." He said.

"How can you say that?" Ella asked interestedly.

"I don't know." He replied.

Then Yuki butted in the conversation. "You don't know,? But then you assumed that Nathan really likes Ella."

"Uh... male instincts?" Seunghyun laughed at his own words.

Ella raised an eyebrow and looked at Yuki.

"Listen, it's we, the guys, are like you, ladies. You know how your friend feels by just observing her, right? Like, she does something strange when this guy is around. Guys are also like that. We can tell if this friend of ours likes somebody by just looking at him. Do I make sense?" Seunghyun explained his views.

Ella and Yuki nodded in agreement.

Near the end of their lunch, Ella noticed a man in his late 30's who seemed to be looking for a vacant table since the whole restaurant was occupied.

"Yah, I guess we should hurry out now. Other costumers need tables, too." Ella said to both of them.

"Arasso, but I need to use the bathroom. Can you wait outside?" Seunghyun excused himself and went to the bathroom.

Ella politely approached the man and told him that he can use the table where they ate.

"Kamsahamnida." He smiled at her and he lightly patted your head. "You're such a kind daughter. No wonder he really liked you."

Ella was surprised by his words. "Eh? I beg your pardon, sir, but what do you mean by--" You were cut off by Yuki who suddenly grabbed your hand.

"Uh, mianhe, ajhussi... but we have to go now." Yuki dragged Ella out of the restaurant.

"Yuki, I was talking, you should have at least waited for me to finish the conversation." Ella said, a bit annoyed.

"Duh, Ella, he's a stranger! He could be a pervert or something!" Yuki argued.

"No, he's not. I just wanted to know why he said... nevermind." Ella sighed.

After a minute, Seunghyun was out of the building, too.

"Let's go!" Yuki said as she dragged Ella to school.

=Ella’s POV=

People seemed weird today.

I recalled some statements that I heard earlier.

"I can tell that he really like you."

"You're such a kind daughter. No wonder he really liked you."

Is it going to be full moon tonight?

=End of Ella’s POV=

After class, Ella went home.

"Oppa! I'm home!" She said and expected a response from him.

Silence.

She looked for him at the kitchen. "Oppa?" He wasn't there.

'Maybe he's asleep.' She thought as she opened his room door as quietly as possible. But he wasn't there.

Ella started to worry. She looked at the bathroom and at the mini balcony.

No sign of him.

She dialled his number but he wasn't answering her calls.

Ella hopelessly tossed herself on her bed. 'Where did he go?'

She waited until 9PM for him to arrive and dialled his number a few times but no response from him, she also texted him, but not even a reply received from him, then she started to get hungry but she was not in the mood to eat anything.

Ella remembered what Nathan told her.

"What if one day, I'll just disappear, would you miss me?"

"No matter what happens, you'll stay by my side. You'll wait for me, right?"

"Just promise me, you'll wait for me until I come back."

Ella pondered about it for a moment. "Is this what you meant, oppa? You kept me promising to trust you and to wait for you these past few days and you'll just vanish without even saying goodbye?"

=Ella’s POV=

I can't help myself from letting my tears roll down my face.

'Oppa, you're so unfair!'

'I don't know if I can still trust you.'

I glanced at my small calendar at the night table.

'It's Thursday. It should have been my lucky day, but why is this happening?'

=End of Ella’s POV=