Chapter 21: Birthday

=Nathan's POV=

"Oppa, I'm going!" Ella yelled.

"Take care!" I replied from my room as I heard the front door closed.

I wonder why Ella seemed to be so happy today. I looked at my phone and opened the calendar application.

"Eh? Is it because it's her birthday tomorrow? Weird, she should be this happy tomorrow." I smiled to myself.

I went out of my room and an idea snapped in my head.

I directly went out of the apartment and made my way to the mall. I entered a shop with full interest. 'What does she like?'

"Good morning, sir." A saleslady greeted me.

I smiled back at her as I looked carefully on the rows of rings.

"Do you need some help, sir?" She asked me.

"Uh... sort of." I sighed.

"Looking for a present?"

"Ne. But I'm not sure if she will like it." I pouted.

"Wait, sir. I'll show you something." The saleslady went to the near end of the row and took something. She returned and showed me a ring. "Here, sir."

I looked at it intently. It looks just simple. It's silver with diamonds around it.

'Yeah, this just reminds me of her.' I thought.

'Just simple but lots of love. That makes her so expensive for me.'

"What do you think, sir?" The lady asked me.

I smiled. "It's good. Simple. Just like the person who will be receiving this. I'll take this."

So I bought a ring for her.

My phone rang.

"Dad?"

"Nathan-ah, are you busy today?"

"Not really."

"Can you come home at 3PM?"

"Uh... sure."

I hesitated at first but I remembered that Ella’s dismissal every Thursday is at 5:30PM. Then I decided to come home and wait for dad.

When I arrived home, one of the maids opened the door for me. "Nathan-ah!" She greeted me with a huge smile.

"Annyeong!" I said as I entered the house.

"Your dad wants to see you." She said, closing the door.

"I know, that's why I'm here. Just tell dad I'll be in my room." I said as I walked upstairs to my room.

When dad arrived, another maid called me from my room and told me to go to dad's office.

"Nathan!" Dad was sitting on his swivel chair as I entered the room.

"Dad! How are you?" I sat down on the chair in front of his desk.

"Fine. Same as usual. How about you and your girl, huh?" He asked me with full interest.

"Well, actually, we're good!" I replied.

"How about your first kiss?"

"Yah, old man! What kind of question is that? That's too personal!"

"Yah, young man, I'm just asking." He laughed. "You did something strange during your first kiss, didn't you?"

"Dad! Stop it!"

"Oh, come on! Since when did you hide something from me? Where did you have it?"