Chapter 2

Blairs P.O.V
The man lets go of me but tells me to calm down.  Calm down? No way in hell. I stand up. " thanks" I say quietly. I clear my throat and hope my face is not red. He laughs in a cocky way. " your welcome" he replies.  Slowly I get annoyed by the smirk on his face. " can you manage to get to the parking lot with out falling again? Or do you need help? " he asks with that same annoying as hell smirk. ‭ I roll my eyes which only makes him laugh harder then before. I just stand there like a complete idiot and look at him. Suddenly like word vomit I shout out my name. " I'm Blair!" I shout. My face turns bright red.  " I know." He responds" I'm confused but then I look down and see the bright yellow name tag my mom makes me wear almost everywhere.  I wait for him to tell me his name but he just smiles and walks away. Here I am watching him go.
   When I get home I have to play twenty questions with my mother about how everything went. I skip dinner and go to my room to take a shower. When I finally crawl into bed I can't go to sleep my one sided conversation with the man keeps playing in my head. What's his name? Why wouldn't he just tell me? I fall asleep just after 1:00 am
   I wake up to my mother beating on my door. It's summer why can't I just sleep? I huff and get up. "What?" I ask she opens the door and gracefully steps in.  A look of disgust appears in her face. " really Blair?" " this room is a complete mess." I roll my eyes while she's not looking. " I know mother now why did you wake me up?" I ask. " you said working at Candle light went well? Yes?" She asks.  " yeah why?" I ask not understanding what she wants. " well I want you to go back and this time the paper will come by and take pictures." She says smiling her stage smile.
"Mom the whole point of helping there is just to do it with out gaining anything. " I say "Blair, honey you are helping them but your also helping me remember?" She asks. I sigh " okay, when?" I ask. " today around lunch so get up and get ready" she says. She digs through my closet taking out clothes and throwing them on my bed. " do you own anything decent Blair?" she asks with a huff. Once again I roll my eyes . She finally picks out a shirt, skirt and pair of heels she bought me last Christmas. " oh joy!" I say sarcastically. " don't give me sass and get ready before your late" she says and she rushes me into the bathroom. I get dressed and let her do my hair and make up.
   I drive to Candle light and take a deep breath. Time to be the girl mom wants me to be.
    *** what do you think? Any advice? Thanks so much for reading hope you enjoyed!! Lots of love ~chas~