Chapter 23

Nathan's P.O.V
I walk outside of my room and light a cigarette. I take a puff to calm my nerves. I check my phone for about the 15th time today. I have texted Blair but got no reply. Last time that happened she was mad at me. I pick up my phone and dial her number. It goes straight to voice mail. Damn it! What the hell did I do this time? I drive to Blairs house and wait outside. Should I knock? Is she mad? What about the mayor? I sigh. Nathan man up! Go talk to her! I jump out and walk to the front door. I ring the door bell and then knock for good measure. I hear footsteps and Blair opens the door. "Nathan is past midnight what are you doing?" She asks. I take her in. She looks worn out but still so damn beautiful. "You haven't texted me back did I do something?" I ask. She looks at me. She sighs. "No Nathan." She says. "Than why?" I ask. "I have been busy." She says. "Bullshit Blair! You don't have the time to text that to me?" I ask. She flinches. "I'm sorry." She says. She looks behind me and around. "Are you waiting for someone?" I ask. She snaps her eyes to me. She shakes her head and rubs her hands together looking nervous. "Blair tell me what the hell is going on." I demand. "You need to leave Nathan." She says. "What? Why?" I ask. She swallows and looks around. "It's for the best." She says. "That tells me fucking nothing!" I shout. "Someone has Gabbie and they don't want me around you." She says. "Wait back the fuck up." I say. "I have been getting these texts but it doesn't matter they don't want me around you." She says. "Come on we are going." I say. "Where?" She asks. "To the fucking police!" I say. I watch as her eyes tear up. My heart clenches. How dare some fucking idiot blackmail her! No one hurts my baby girl. "We can't Nathan they said if I tell anyone Gabbie dies." She says as tears roll down her cheeks. Damn it! This person is nuts. Blairs phone beeps and she gasps and she looks at the screen. "What Blair?" I ask. "They are watching and they hurt Gabbie." She says. I move closer and look at the picture on the phone. I stand there with my mouth hanging open. What kind of a fucked up person does this? On the phone screen is a picture of a woman's wrist I'm guessing Gabbies cut several times and bleeding.  "How do you know it's hers?" I ask. "The small scar right there." She says crying harder now. Her phone beeps again. This time with a text message. Keep him around Blair and this will get really fun don't you think? Why don't you just fucking listen? Do what I told you to and everything will be fine. I look at Blair and take the phone. "What did they tell you to do?" I ask.

       Hey guys please vote and comment. It gives me confidence to keep writing. I would love your advice on how to make the book better. Also who do you think is messing with Blair? Any guesses?