Chapter 26

Blairs P.O.V
I drive slowly to the lake house. I keep convincing myself that I shouldn't go back that this is for Gabbie. My heart races. What the hell am I doing? This is a fucking stupid idea. I take a deep breath as I arrive at the secluded lake house. I send Nathan a quick message. I love you and just so you know I came to meet them I can't let Gabbie get hurt because of me. Don't be mad. I send Gabbies phone a message I'm here what the hell do I do now? Soon I get a reply when I'm on the front porch. Well knock silly. It says. I hesitantly step closer and knock hard. I hear nothing for ten minutes until the door opens. I gasp.

Nathan's P.O.V
I feel myself being shaken. My first thought is Blair! I feel a horrible pain in my head. "Get up kid" a rough voice says. I open my eyes and the sun makes me instantly close them. I spot the officer and look around. I am in the middle of the woods. "You fucking kidnapped me?" I ask. He grimaces. "Listen I have my reasons and some people want you dead." He says. I laugh. "Your going to kill me?" I ask. He frowns. "Like I said I have my reasons it's not like I want this." He says as he lifts a hand gun. I shake my head. I am going to be killed by a damn dirty cop. "Wait"I say stopping him. "What?" He asks. "Can I at least have some answers?" I ask. He stops and thinks for a moment. He nods his head and gestures for me to ask. "What's so bad that you feel you need to kill a innocent person?" I ask. "They have some pretty bad dirt on me from my past that would ruin me." He says. "And being caught for murder won't ruin you?" I ask. He shakes his head. "Kid I have been at this for awhile I know everything they look for and they won't ever find you." He says simply. "Besides we are way out where no one will ever look for a runaway kid from rehab." He adds. I nod my head trying to buy time. "Can you at least tell me who wants me dead? I ask as I look for an escape. He says something but I don't catch it as I tackle his side and take him down. The gun fires and I feel nothing. I throw it aside once out of his hands and feel a warm liquid under me. I grab his handcuffs and snap them around his wrists. I step back and stand there in shock. He has been shot. He lays there bleeding. I kneel down to him. "I didn't want this." I say. There is a ghost of a smile on his face. "Me either tell my family I love them please." He says. "No you are not going to die." I say. I pull out my phone from his pocket and call. "No signal here." He says running out of breath. "Alright calm down." I say. I lift him up and carry him to the car. I slip him in the back and get in the front seat and drive. I make him continue to talk to me before we arrive at the hospital. I carry him out and nurses rush to me. "Officer Blake what happened to you?!" They shout. I wait for him to answer. "Gun accident I didn't have my safety on." He grunts out. They rush him back and I drive his car looking for Blair. I see a text on my phone from Blair. What? She fucking went to that damn lake house? I gas the car and go to the only person who could know where this is. Blairs mom and the mayor.