Chapter 6

Blairs P.O.V
When mom asks how my day went I don't tell her about seeing dad she would just go quiet and get a lost look in her eyes. Instead I lie and say it was great.
Mom did not always care as much as she does now. She wanted to look good but didn't really care about my appearance until my father cheated on he with a girl three years older than me and named Ginger. What really hurt me and my mother both was that he took her on a date to Nana's ice cream shop, our family place. Mom was angry so what she didn't burn she gave to goodwill. Then she locked herself in her room and cried herself to sleep. Then she ran for mayor and started acting perfect and made me do the same. " don't every let them see you fail" she would repeat every damn day. She never wanted to be seen hurt and weak ever again. So now we don't talk about my father we pretend he doesn't exist. I'm perfectly fine with that because he and that tramp Ginger destroyed our family.
I walk into Candle light and look for Jim. He sees me and his eyes light up. "Blair I didn't know you were coming today." He says " actually I just found this place really interesting and wanted to just sit back and watch." I say. His smile grows. " great idea alright have a seat." He says. I sit an wait for the men to file in. I see Nathan and can't help but smile. I see his eyes widen with shock but he recovers with a grin. He gets his tray and sits in the seat across from me. " you came back" he says. " I just wanted to see how this place works" I say. " sure" he says. " so tell me about you" I say. He sighs. " I wish you would quit trying to figure me out like I'm a damn puzzle." He says " and I wish you were not so damn stubborn but we don't always get what we want do we?" I ask. he laughs" damn, feisty aren't we?" He asks. " yeah so just tell me about yourself." I demand " what do you wanna know?" He asks. " how old are you?" " twenty one" he replies. " when did you come here?" I ask. " "last year." He says. " listen Blair I don't really wanna talk about my shitty life." He says. " fine what do you want to talk about?" I ask. " why are you so damn positive all the time?" He asks. " it's how my mom raised me." I say. " who gives a hell, are you your mom?" He asks. " no, you don't know my mother you shouldn't compare us" I say. " then why do you let her control you?" He asks. " how do you even know?" I ask " because you act different in public" he says. I sigh and we sit in silence as he eats his lunch.
He walks me outside to my car "Blair?" He says me name and it sounds so good. " yeah?" I ask. " I think you shouldn't come back" he says softly. " oh why?" I ask a little bit hurt. " I was perfectly fucking fine being here and then you show up and now I just want to be free." He says looking angry and sad all at once. I look at his lips and lean in to kiss him. He backs up quickly. " you know this can't happen Blair, your 17 and I'm 21." He says " so what?" I ask. " so I could go to prison." He says. Suddenly it dawns on me. "I'm sorry." I say. " don't come back Blair it's the best for both of us." He says as he walks away. I watch him walk into the building as I stand there.
I suddenly realize how sad this makes me as I wipe a tear from my cheek. I'm so drawn to him. I know I shouldn't be but I feel so connected to him. I sit in the Parking lot for 30 minutes until I feel like I can drive. I hear a tap on my window and see Nathan. He goes around to the passenger door and gets in my jeep. " what are you doing?" I ask. " just drive Blair" he says.

****** please give me your thoughts!!! Thanks for reading and I would love your vote and advice!! Much love ~chas~