chapter three

I couldn't stand life anymore. I looked out the window the whole time. Life just didn't make sense anymore. Once class was over, I walked over to my locker to get my stuff for the next class. I put my pin and opened it up. Then, the girl from earlier came over to me. Can't this girl get a hint? I just lost the one last thing that kept me happy in this world. One moment it was here; the next it was gone.

"Hi."

I stay quiet. I'm really not in the mood for talking. I mean, who wouldn't be? After what just happened, I'm not.

"Do you know where the grammar class is?"

Yes, we don't have the same class.

"Go ask him," I say pointing to Connor again.

"But..."

I look at her with a face of anger and sorrow.

"Okay."

She walked away and goes to Connor. Once I got my stuff, I began heading to class.

Guitar, guitar pick....yeah, that's about everything.

I head into the class room.

"Good morning class."

"Good morning," they said in unison. I, on the other hand, didn't speak. Like I said before, I'm not in the mood.

"Each of you will be in groups of two. Also, each group must come up with a song together in a recording room."

Our school has about a little over 50 recording rooms. The reason is because only a few good hand full of kids play music.

"Okay. These are your partners and recording rooms," she said while taping the paper to the chalk board. I let everyone go first. I did not want to be the first kid there. Some kid learned that the last time. Once everyone left, I went up to the board.

Please be a guy. Please be a guy.

"Harper Days."

Can Harper be a guys name too? Because if it can, I hope this Harper is a dude.

"Room 35."

Uh, room 35 is the ignored one. It's basically deserted.

I went to my designated room and waited for my parter. I quickly fixed my glasses before my partner arrived. Who would have thought my partner would be the one person I'm trying to avoid?

"Oh."

She went over to the piano and sat down quietly.

"Shall we begin?"

I began tuning my guitar.

"I'm taking that as a 'yes.'"

She looks at her books.

"How high can your voice go?" she looks back at me.

Did she just? I don't know if I can even sing. I don't even know if I know how to sing. I haven't sang since...since...for a long time.

I just looked at her basically saying, "Are you kidding me? Did you just really ask me that?"

"Sorry, I just thought. It's okay. I'll sing; you play."

She began playing the piano, and I began playing the same tune on the guitar. Once we began playing in synced, she began to sing.

(The following words are originally mine. So please don't steal them. Although they're not really that good, please still don't steal them. And those who see these words somewhere else plz tell me. Thank you.)

-------
I've been waitin
For you to come around
Cause this world's been shakin
And my feet already left the ground

Cause no one's like you
And no one's like me
We're the perfect two
And I'm happy as can be
------

She stopped right there.

"How does that sound?"

I looked at her basically saying, "it's okay," but she couldn't tell what I was saying.

"I guess that's an, 'okay.'"

Huh, I guess, she did know.

The bell went off.

"We'll finish this later."

I got my stuff and left. I was already out of the class and in the halls. She followed me again.

"Hey."

Seriously, dude you need to walk faster.

"I was wondering if you would like to sit at lunch with me."

I gave her look of saying, "no thanks."

"Oh, okay," she walked away sadly. I put my stuff in my locker and went to the lunch area.

"Hello, what will it be today?"

I gave her the look of saying, "Same as usual."

"Okay. Coming right up."

Everyone is looking at me weird wondering "how do they know what I'm saying". I looked at them. They all stared down at the ground.

"Here you go. One half turkey sandwich, orange and Gatorade. $3.45"

I handed her the money. I went to my locker and ate there. The girl came up to me.

"May I sit?"

I moved my hand gesturing for her to sit. She sat in the floor with me.

"I'm Harper Days. I'm sixteen. I've lived in Wisconsin my whole life, and now, I live here. I love playing the piano. I have three other siblings. I don't like sunny days, and my parents own their own well-known business. Now, it's your turn."

Yeah, in your dreams.

"Not gonna talk. Fine, I'll guess."

What's her problem? Can't she take a hint.

Before she was able to guess anything, I got up and left.

"Hey," she got up and began to follow me.

There was only one choice left I had, "The boys room." I went in and didn't come out till the bell rang.