chapter twelve

It's been a month now, since Chase and I have been hanging out. My family also arrived. Once my father left to get them, it gave me the chance to practice a part of a duet on YouTube. Once I was done, I took a shower and went to my room.

"Where were you, miss?"

"Oh sorry, Edna. I took the chance and practiced."

"You know one of these days your father's gonna catch you."

"I know. I just really like that video, and I was hoping I could find the right person to do the duet with."

"It is very beautiful, and you will. I say that boy, Chase, would be the perfect partner," she nudged me on the last part.

"Oh, Edna," I yawned.

"Oh goodness, miss. Get some rest."

"Perhaps you're right. Good night." I began to head up the stairs.

"Good night, miss."

I went to my room, lied on my bed, and went to sleep. The next day I woke up, went downstairs, and saw my whole family awake early in the dinning room.

"Sis," Hank came up to me and hugged me.

"Hey."

Harry came up to me and gave me a hug. Heaven waved from a distance. She's not a big fan of me going on my own path, but she's supportive. I grabbed my drink, and began heading to my room.

"That's all you're going to eat?" Hank asked.

"Well, drink," Harry laughed.

"Yes, and do you have a problem with that?"

My mother looked at me speechless.

"Harper, be kind to your brothers."

"I am. I could have said it rude, mother."

She looks at my father.

"She is right. That is not her rude tone. It's no where near her rude tone."

"Is that so?"

"Positively."

"How long have we been gone?"

"Five years, seven months, twelve days, twenty three hours, five minutes, and forty five seconds."

My mom looked at me in awe, wondering how I knew how long they've been gone.

"I kept count."

She looked at my father.

"She did," he chuckled.

I looked at my siblings, and each of them had their jaw dropped.

"I suggest all of you close your mouths; you're going to catch a fly."

I walked away and went to my room. I went inside, locked the door, and began to relax. After two minutes of being only, my brother, Hank, began to bug me for shampoo. I don't know why. We both know he has ten bottles of shampoo in his restroom. Let's just say Hank is the pretty boy of the family.

"Come on, Harper."

"Hank, we both know you have some."

"Okay. Fine."

He walked away, and Harry began to knock on my door. He began asking for some sanitized wipes.

"Harry, what happened to yours?"

"I finished them while we were gone."

I got up and handed him the wipes. Once he left, Heaven began to hug for some makeup.

"Heaven, we both know I don't wear makeup."

"So then what do u call the red on ur lips?"

"Lipstick, but that's all I wear."

"Uh. Fine."

She left the door, and then all my siblings continued to bother me. I called Chase and went over his house. After I got there, we began to talk. We began to talk about our dreams then something controlled my thoughts and my mouth together.

"Oh cool. Hey can I tell you something?"

"Sure. If I can ask you something?"

Harper what are you doing?

"I..."

"You what?"

"I..."

"Can I just say something?"

"Yeah."

"I love you."

"What?"

"Look, I don't know what love feels like. Well, technically, yes I do. It's the only thing besides regret I know how it feels. I've loved you since our date, well technically hang out."

"I love you too."

I then hugged him, and he hugged me back.

"So what did you want to ask me?"

"Do you know how to dance?"

"Yeah sorta. I've been practicing a part of a duet."

"So have I."

"Is it this video?" I showed him just the image of the video and he immediately knew the video.

"So you do know it?"

"Yeah," he said in an obvious tone. I began to laugh. "What?"

"Nothing you're just cute."

"So are you," he kissed my nose. "Hey we should combine our parts together."

"Yeah sure." We went downstairs and headed towards the garage.

"Why are we going to the garage?"

"Because, I turned my garage into a dance area."

He opened the door and sure enough. It look like a dance area. Once we entered the room, he plugged his phone into a speaker, and we began to stretch in the beginning of the video. Once the song came on, we went in position and began to dance exactly like the video. So picture this...
👇🏼

                                    👆🏼Dancing like the video above

👆🏼
Dancing like the video above. It was so much fun. Once the video was over, he tilted me, and we began to stare into each other's eyes. I felt like I could be into this position forever. Once we finally broke the stare, he went to take a shower and change for dinner.

"Wow."

"What?" he said while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Nothing. I just have never seen you in a white shirt and black tie."

"Yeah. Well, don't get use to it."

"I won't," I laughed. We then began to go to my house.