chapter thirty-five

You're probably wondering how I met everyone I know. It's just wasn't spontaneous or by chance or through friends. I met Connor as a kid. Wanna know something even weird? His father and my mother use to crush on each other when they were in elementary. It's just weird. Anyways, one day Connor was being bullied, and I stood up for him. From that point on, we stood good friends until I changed that is. After I changed, Connor and I just slowly stopped talking.

Now, Piper, I met her through summer camp. It was hard trying to make friends. Yes, this was before I was emo. Anyways, I would get picked on by a lot of the kids, and I promised my dad u would never fight. Because, we both knew how strong my strength is. One day, a girl began to pick on me, and I don't believe in hitting girls, no matter how badly they deserve it. She came over and helped me with the girl. Ever since then, we were always inseparable that was until a couple years ago.

I met Carrie through helping in tutoring. At once point, a lot of kids needed help, and I was one of the first to volunteer along with Carrie. Carrie saw that I was he first guy to volunteer, and we bonded over that.

I met Ricky by being his tutor. He was probably the one kid nobody wanted to help. I didn't know what that felt like at the time, but now that I do, I'm glad he's the one I was and am able to relate to.
----------
I went to class. "Class?" you're asking. Yes, class. You see a lot of people know how young people are getting into this business. So this group of people made a school for all those who are in the business. It from elementary to college. We use our initials. No one really knows anyone. We each have a disguise to go by. We have it very detailed. The only people who know what we look like are the people who do the make up on us. The thing is they don't "work" so they're no threat.
---------
I got finished up and went to my class and sat with my partner.

"Hey W.G."

"Hey Y.A."
------
I didn't change my name but Jt warned me about the school so I pretended that W.G. were my initials. It's not that I'm scared, but I promised Harper I would take care of myself.
---------
I brought out my books and stuff. I began doing the assignment we were told to do. We went through a few classes and lunch came. I got a sandwich, fruit bowl, and Gatorade. I sat up in a tree and began writing my first of many letters to Harper.

Dear truest,

I'm doing good. All is well. I've been catching up on what I backed up on. Not a day goes by without me thinking about you. I hope all is well where you are. I keep you with me wherever I am. I love you. The day for us to become one shall come, my love.

- yours truly

I put it in an envelope and began walking to the spot Jt said he would meet me. I saw him, standing there with a cig. I went on the other side of the pole.

"Cig?"

"No thank you."

"Her. Right?"

"Yeah."

"See you kid."

We went our desperate ways, and I ran into the building.
------
Each of us students are allowed to send letters through the school, but Jt told me some students sneak in to find out stuff. Jt us finally free so no one can hurt him. He and his family can live in peace. No more running for any of them. I can't wait for that day.
-----
I went through my remaining classes then went to my apartment. Took off my disguise and got into my "work" look. I looked at the ring, took off, and put it behind my mirror.

"I'll be safe today," I said to the ring. I walked out and went to my "work" car. I went to the next lead and began to "work." I approached the guy. He hasn't seen me so he doesn't know who I am.

"Business? I presume."

I stood they're blankly.

Stay calm Chase. You can't show them anything.

"I was correct. My office is best." We went into his office.

"So what's wrong?"

"Almost ten years ago, you killed the remaining member of a family you are after."

"Yes, I did."

"Well, you didn't kill all of them."

"I heard."

"There's one more."

"I know."

"I'm him," I said calmly as possible. He looked at me scared. I brought up my gun and immediately shot him in the head. His men came in running.

"Sir," they bowed.

"I'm not staying in this," I said wiping the blood of my jawline.

"So then who do we work for?"

"You're all free. Every single one of you are free."

"It's not that easy."

"What do mean?" Everything then went black.