chapter thirteen

Once we told each other what we wanted to say, we began to dance. Once we were done dancing, I took a shower, and we began walking with her to her house. We got out, I locked the door, and went down the drive way.

"Wait."

"What?"

"If you have a driveway and a garage, why don't you have a car?"

"I do..."

"But?"

"...but it's being work on."

"That's just strange."

"What's strange?"

"It shouldn't take this long to fix."

"Yes, believe me that car needed a lot of fixing."

"Why? It just doesn't make sense."

I sighed. "It was my brothers."

"Oh. I'm so sorry. I didn't know."

"It's fine. Like you said, 'you didn't know.'"

She smiled. "Come on." We continued walking to her house. We finally arrived. I looked at her house, and it was...I can't explain, but it was big. I stood looking at the house in awe with my mouth open.

"You should close your mouth. You're gonna catch a fly in your mouth."

I laughed at her child like quote.

"So I'm guessing you live off of your daddy's money," I made a baby voice on "daddy's money."

"Yes," she laughed,"Come on," she opened the door. She walked in holding the door open for me to enter, and I did. Once I walked in, she closed the door behind me. I looked around, and it looked better than the outside. As I was looking around, a man dressed in a suit approached us. I assumed it was her dad.

"Hello, Ms. Harper."

"Hello, Jeffrey. This is Chase."

He looks over to me, and his eyes begin to widen. He then looks back at Harper.

I'm guessing he's not her dad.

"Shall I notify your father your home?"

"Yes, please."

She began to head up the stairs. I looked at her confused where to go.

"Miss, where shall I take him?"

"My music room please and make sure my siblings don't see you going to the room."

"Right away, miss."

She went up stairs, and he began to lead me to room away from everywhere and everyone.

"Here you are."

I nodded my head in a way to say, "thanks."

"I will be in the dining room if you need me."