chapter ten

He began taking me through the forest, and to be honest, I was scared.

"I'm sorry. Am I scaring you?" He stop walking which made me stop.

"Yeah kinda," I said still scared.

"I promise, I will never hurt you," he said while cupping my cheek with his hand.

His hands are so smooth and warm.

I took a breath of reassurance. He smiled and removed his hand from my face.

"Okay."

"Come on. We're almost there."

"Okay."

He grabbed my hand and began walking to the spot he wants to take me. As we were walking, we both tripped, and I landed on top of him. I tried getting up which caused him to grunt.

"Oh. I'm sorry," I laughed while moving my hair out of my face.

"It's okay." He gently removed me off of him and sat up. After he sat up, I sat up also. I looked into his beautiful eyes.

"Here," he stood up quickly and gave me his hand for me to get up. I grabbed his hand.

"Thank you," I said while dusting off my skirt.

"You're welcome."

Once I was done dusting off my skirt, he grabbed my hand and began walking again.

"Chase, are we almost there?"

"Yeah just a couple more minutes."

"Okay."

We finally arrived. It was so beautiful. It was secluded form city noises and very beautiful.

"Wow, Chase. It's...it's..."

"Beautiful," he finished and smiled.

"Yeah," I grinned still in awe of the beautiful area.

We sat down, and I began to talk. After a while of talking, I suggested we go home. We began walking to my house first. As we were walking to my house, the three guys from a couple weeks ago came down our way.

"Ahhh, Chase and Harper was it?"

Chased moved me behind him with his arm.

"Oh, she's yours."

He stood quiet.

"Well, not for long." He snapped his fingers, and the two boys came at me and Chase. Chase pushed one and punched the other.

"Run!"

"No, Chase. I'm not leaving you."

"Please."

I stood there. He punch the guy again, threw him to the floor, and the guy hit his head. The one that he pushed got up, and he punched him over and over. The main one ran off, as soon as, he saw Chase punching the second guy. Chase wouldn't stop.

"Chase. Chase!" I pulled his arm. He looked at me. He got his phone and called the ambulance. Once he got off the phone, we stood in the distance, and the main guy went with the ambulance to the hospital.