chapter thirty-one

"This is wrong," she pulled away.

"You're my girlfriend. How is this wrong?"

"Chase, you were gone for a year, and I thought the worst so..."

"You got with someone?!"

"I'm sorry okay. What did you expect me to do? Wait?!"

"Yeah," I said struggling to get up. "I sure as hell did. There were a lot of girls who would ask me to date them. I'm not gonna lie, they we're hot, but I said no cuz I have faith that you had faith in me!"

"Chase, please try to see it from my point of view. I hurt everyday wondering when am I going to see you again."

"What do think I do?! Sit on my butt all day. Kill all day. Hunt all day?!"

"Chase, you're not understanding."

"Then, do explain, cause if I'm hearing you right. You're not the girl I thought you were," I said holding onto my side while walking around. "Tell your dad thanks for the help."

"Chase," she tried to stop me, but I kept walking. I was at the top of the familiar stairs but blacked out. I woke up for two seconds at the bottom of them, then blacked out again. I woke up tied to Harper's oh so familiar bed.

"Let me go," I tried struggling out.

"Stop, Chase. You're gonna hurt yourself," Harper said.

"Oh now you care if I get hurt or not."

"Don't make it seem like I'm the bad guy. You're the one who left me."

"I told you from the start, and you agreed." She opened her mouth like she wanted to say something, she just closed it back up. I slipped my hand out and got my knife from my secret pocket. "Where's your dad?" I said while cutting the wire from my other hand and feet.

"In his office," she mumbled. I got up and saw pills on the counter. "Please don't."

"I know how to mix medicines without hurting myself," I said proudly. She kept her mouth shut. I got a few pills and mixed them how I was taught. I went to Henry.

"Sir," I nodded.

"I assume you're ready to leave?"

"Yes," I nodded. He handed me fresh clothes and my weapons. My side began to hurt.

"You're not ready."

"Nope," I grunted.

"We have the guest room."

"Thank you, sir." I went to the guest room and tried changing, and someone knocked on the door. I covered my chest. "Come in." It was Harper.

"Need help?" I nodded. She came over, and I let the sheet go. She helped me put my shirt on, and I couldn't stop staring into those eyes that I once stared in and still love her yet hate her. She helped fix my collar and stared at me. She didn't stop and neither did I. We stood there silently and quickly pressed on each other's lips. I sat down still kissing her, and she didn't pull back. After a while, we pulled away and lied our foreheads onto each other's.

"Please tell me you felt something," I said trying to catch my breath.

"Only with you," she smiled, trying to catch her breath. I then saw a bruise on her arm and body.

"Where are these from?"

"Fight."

"With?"

"A person. I'll be back."

"Okay." She left the room, and I got up to see where she was going. She went to this guy. She told him something, and he got mad and hit her. I went over to him. "This is the person?" She nodded. I punched him with the side that wasn't shot, and he left with a messed up face. "Who was he?"

"The guy?"

"He was your rebound?!"

"Yes?"

"Oh god, I thought you would get with a better guy, not an abusive guy."

"He wasn't always like that."

"Yeah, sure." She sighed, and I slowly walked to the guest room. She then came in after me, and I patted my lap for her to sit on. She came over and sat on my lap. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't send something to let you know that I'm okay and alive. I couldn't cause they would have used that to track me."

"I know."

"Do you really?" I smiled.

"Yes," she lightly laughed.

"Okay," I smiled. We lied down and stood lying down the whole day and night talking. After a while, we both fell asleep in each other's arms. We woke up the next day and went out to eat breakfast.

"Feeling better?" Henry asked.

"Yes," I nodded. I opened up Harper's chair for her, and she sat down. I opened up my chair and sat down as well. Edna then came and beans passing the food out.

"How was it Chase?" Hank asked. I looked at him confused. "You're new job?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, it's like that...okay." I just smiled and shunned him off.

"Excuse him. He's a child," Heaven spat. I smiled trying not to laugh.