chapter twenty-nine

"Shut up," they knocked me out. I blacked out and thought I died. I woke up and looked around to see if I could find Jt.

"Jt! Jt!" I went running around. I couldn't find him for two days. I then saw blood on the floor. "Jt!"

"Chase!" I ran towards the voice and saw Jt lying on the floor, holding onto his side. I got him up and ran to an outside house. Once they opened the door, they began to clear the table and work on him. As they were getting the bullet out, Jt was shouting and squeezing my hand. He then knocked out.

"What? What's going on? Help him. Help him!" I began to panic.

"The loss of blood is getting to him. He's just asleep. He'll come to after we finish the operation." After the operation, they moved him to a bed.

"Will he be okay?"

"He might not make it."

"Why?"

"Blood loss."

"I'll donate."

"Are you the same blood type?"

"It's doesn't matter just do it, or I'll do it myself," I said with sadness and anger but didn't let it show. They began to transfer blood. We waited for him to respond. "So?"

"He didn't make it."

"No," I ran into the room. "No. Jt, come on. Stop playing. Come back," I said trying to stay positive. "Come on. Come on." Water came down my eyes. "What's this feeling?" I got up and went to their restroom and tried finding a blade. I found one and did one then two. I cleaned myself up and got out. I went to his bed side. After three hours, they decided it's best to burry him. As we were about to carry him to his grave, he woke up.

"Cj?"

"Jt?!"

"Kid, where am I?"

"Your okay?!"

"Yeah," he coughed. I got up and called everyone in the room. They all began to get excited and hug each other. We stood there for the next six months, that's when Jt was able to get up on his own and fight again. Once we got back on our feet, we went to find Jt's family. I couldn't just leave.

"Jt?"

"Yeah, kid?"

"I have to tell Harper I'm leaving."

"Kid..."

"No, I have to," I interrupted. "I'll go alone if I have to."

"No, a man alone doesn't end too good as planned. We'll go, but once you leave, there's no turning back."

"Yeah, I know. I knew that from the start."

"Good. Let's get ready first."

"Okay."

We went to an abandoned cabin in the middle of the forest and cleaned up, got our weapons ready, and left the place. We began to walk into society through the ignored and secluded areas of town. Once we got to the country hang out, we stood in her changing room or whatever you want to call it. As we were waiting, we noticed a few men searching for us in the crowd. Once she was done singing, she came in and was about to scream, but I covered her mouth.

"Babe, it's me." She smiled and jumped into my arms. I cupped her face and quickly pecked her cheek.

"What are you doing here?" she said smiling.

"Um, I'm leaving far away, and I don't know if I can see you as often as we want to." Her smile faded away, and her eyes began to get watery. "Babe, you knew something like this would happen."

"I know. I just thought it wouldn't have to come to this." I hugged her very tightly. Jt entered the room.

"They're closing in on us. We need to go. Now."

"Okay."

"Take me with you," she said trying to hold back the tears.

"No, I can't put you through that danger. My own guy was shot, and I was freaking out. I think I would kill if it was you. I wouldn't live with myself if you got hurt."

"Okay," she sighed. We gave each other once last hug.

"I promise you. I will come back for you," I kissed her. I held her one last time and left. We walked out of the building.

No turning back.

We went to a friend of Jt's.

"Who's this guy again?"

"His name is Steven. He helped my wife; he'll know where she is."

"Oh." After a while of walking, we finally arrived to the house. We went in, and immediately Steven was worried.

"I thought you were dead," he whispered.

"No. Where is she?" Steven handed him a paper. As soon as he grabbed it, Steven told us to hide. Once we hid, there was a bang on the door.  Steven opened it, and these men came in and began to interrogate him. It looked so painful, yet they couldn't get anything about him. After a while, he made sure it was okay for us to come out. After a short talk, we left and set out to find Jt's wife, daughter, and son.