chapter six

After class, I tried looking for Mr. Justin, but I couldn't find him. I went to Grammar. After grammar, I went to study hall in the library. After study hall, I went to tutor. I approached my designated table.

"Hi, I'm Harper, and I'm going to be your tutor."

The girl nodded her head in a response of saying, "okay."

I began to tutor her. After an hour of tutoring, I went to lab. After lab, school was finally over. I walked to a nearby dinner for something to eat. I sat in a booth and began looking at the menu. My waiter approached me, and I was shocked on who it was. It was him, ___ Justin. He looked at me like he didn't want to even see me.

Am I that hideous?

"Hi," he mumbled.

He doesn't want to see you. He doesn't like you. Why do you keep trying?

That's when I remembered my wrist. I'm exactly like him except I'm not exactly like. Why doesn't he just talk?

"Hi. I'll take a tuna sandwich, strawberry milkshake, and bag of cookies."

"Right away," he said very very quietly. He left and came came back with my tray.

"Thank you."

He nodded his head and went over to the next table. I began eating my food, and as he was going throughout his section, I couldn't stop staring. I mean if only you knew how cute he looked.

Harper!
I'm sorry, but face it, you like him.

This time I actually agreed with my voice in my head. After a few minutes, I saw Connor come into the diner with the girl, Carrie. I over heard their conversation.

"Oh, hey. I'll take my usual. What do you want Connor?"

"Just a coke."

He left their table, and the two began talking.

"Okay, what subject should we do first, Connor?"

"Can we talk first?"

"Come on Connor. Work first talk later."

"Please," he began poking her.

"Connor stop," she giggles very lightly.

"Oh you're ticklish."

"Okay. Okay. We'll talk."

"Carrie will you go out with me?"

"Yes, of course I will."

He began tickling her again.

"Connor stop."

"Why?"

"Stop."

He finally stopped, fixed her hair for her, and they began to stare at each other. Once they were given they're food, I went out. I began walking towards the direction of home.

"Hello little lady," this guy said while trying to grab my books.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" I say while pulling my books to the side.

"I'm James, and what might your name be?"

"It's Harper. Now excuse me. I'm trying to go home."

"Oh no. We're gonna go to my house," he began pulling me by my waist in a different direction.

"Leave me alone," I kick him in the shin.

"You'll regret that," he said right before he whistled. Once he whistled, another two guys came over.

"Leave me alone," I say while trying to get away. They didn't want to leave me alone and kept messing with me.

"Hey leave her alone," I heard someone say from the direction of the diner. I looked in the direction of the voice, and it was him. They all looked in his way, and they left me alone.

"Oh. I know who you are. Your uh..." he starts to snap, "....Chase. Chase Justin. Okay. We'll leave her alone. Seeing your history and all," he laughs.

History?

They all left, and he began to walk away.

"Hey, stop," I caught up to him. "How can I thank you?"

"No need, just go home," he replied.

"Please, come over to my house for dinner."

He looked at me.

"I'm fine."

"Please, I'll...I'll leave you alone." As much as that hurt to say, I said it.

"Look, I'm...."

"Please?" I say with pleading eyes.

He look down to the ground and sighed.

"Alright," he replied.

"Thanks. Here's my address," I said before writing it in a paper and handing him the paper.

"Okay." He grabbed the paper and left. I went home and waited for him to come, but he never showed up.

"Are you okay Ms. Harper?" Jeffrey said with his British accent.

"Oh yes. I'm fine Jeffrey. I was just expecting someone."

"Will you want some yogurt today?"

"Oh yes please."

"Okay. Would you like it with some chocolate chips?"

"Yes please," I say while heading to the stairs.

"I will let Edna know. Shall she take it to your room or music room?"

"Room please. I'm not in the mood for music at the moment."

"Okay." I head up to my room, throw myself on my bed, and sigh.

"What should I do?" I then heard a knock on the door.

"May I come in?"

"Sure. Come on in." Edna came in with my bowl of my vanilla yogurt and chocolate chips.

"What's wrong miss?"

"Nothing," I sigh.

"It'll work out miss. It always does." Once she left, I began eating my yogurt. The next day, I wanted to see if he would come, but no show. After a whole week, he never showed up.

"What did I do?"