chapter thirty-three

I heard Harper whispering in my sleep. It's like my soul wanted to wake up and kiss her, but my body was just too tired. The next day, I woke up, and Harper was fast asleep. Her eyes were a bit swollen. I felt bad. I looked at the calendar.

Today's her birthday. May fifteenth. Woah she's eighteen. Dang I'm twenty. Where did the time go?

She began to lightly squirm. "Morning beautiful," I whispered with a smile.

"You're still here," she said in a tired voice and a smile with her eyes still shut. "I thought you were going to leave," her smile slowly faded away.

"I can't even if I wanted to."

"Why is that?"

"Because of you."

"Aww you're sweet."

"No, I mean like your on top of me, and I can't move."

"Oh, gosh. I can't believe you," she smiled with her eyes still shut.

"You know you love me."

"Do I?" I looked at her. She lightly chuckled. "Yes, I do," she came closer to me. I hugged her and kissed her head.

"I do need to get up."

"Why?" she looked at me sad.

"Well, first off we need to eat, but more importantly, I have to pee," I crossed my legs.

"Oh," she smiled as she sat up. I quickly went to the restroom and got my phone.

"Hello?" I said while looking around. "Yeah, I'm safe...yeah, I got shot...I know, I know...I almost had him though...look, I know where you're coming from, but calm down you're not my dad. I know you all care, and I care for you all. I left because I was tired of you all getting hurt because of me, so I left and well...got shot in the process. I should be better soon...yeah, I know don't leave where I'm at till I'm better and practice so I don't lose my skills I know...okay see you...bye."

I have to do something special for her. "Today's Friday. That country place."

"I gotta go to school. Be here when I come back?"

"Yeah," I said while coming out of the restroom. She smiled and pecked my lips.

"See you then," her smile got bigger.

"Can't wait," I lightly smiled. She grabbed her things and left. As she was gone, I began to write a new song. I kept fidgeting around the house for the right words. It took all day, but I made it. Once she got home, we got dressed and went to the country place. "I'll be back."

"Okay," she smiled. As I was walking to the back, I saw Lilly walk up to her.

Please don't say the wrong things kiddo.

I walked up to the stage. "Um hi, my name is Oliver, and this song goes out to a special girl. She knows who she is." I began to sing. Once the song was over, I changed and walked over to her. Afterwards, I took her hand and began to walk her out of the building. I then heard Jt's whistle. I stopped, and he walked over to us.

"So is this the girl?"

"Yeah," I smiled.

"He really loves you. You're all he talked about." Harper just blushed and smiled. "Take care."

"Same to you." We continued to walk and got out of the building.

"Who was he?" she asked confused.

"He was the one who's been helping me."

"In what?"

"Work," I looked at her.

"Oh," she looked at the ground.

"Let's just not talk about that. Someone can be hearing." We kept walking for a while.

"Where are you going?"

"I guess, you forgot the secret way to it," I smiled. She just looked at me confused. As we approached it, there was two men there. "Harper, hide your face," I whispered. She hide right behind me.

"You're a good hider, Cj," one said with an evil smile.

"Go," we both began to run. I took her to a hide out of mine. I waited for them to pass.

"Who were they? Where are we? What's going on? 

"Harper, look I told you what I'm in. They're two of his men. We're in another forest. They're finally tracking me down. I knew it was a mistake to come here."

"What are you saying?"

"I might have to leave sooner than I wanted." She just began to tear up. She tried fighting back the tears. "I know you want a promise to show you I'm coming back." She looked at me like I knew what she was thinking. "I want to do this, but I feel like it's going to make you wait. I'm sure you don't want to wait."

"I think I can."

"You have to promise you will and trust that I will come back."

"I promise," she wiped her tears away.

"Okay," I kissed her cheek, which caused some of her tears to fall onto my lips. I brought out a ring and got onto one knee. "Harper, will you do me the honor and promise me to become Mrs. Chase Justin." Harper smiled and just nodded with tears...of joy this time. I slipped the ring on and got up to hug her. "You no what this means right?"