chapter twenty-six

I brought Connor in.

"Hello, Mr. Connor."

"Hello, Jeffrey." I looked at them confused, wondering how they knew each other. "Your dad invited me over once to see if I was a bad influence."

"Why did he do that?"

"Well, I'm a school athlete that plays football, so he that I was that cliche kinda of football teen."

"Oh now I get. Yeah, we've met a lot of cliche football teens in our past years."

"Oh, now I get it," he chuckled.

"Well, madam, dinner won't be ready until another hour. Shall I notify your siblings that you are here?"

"Yes, please," I sigh.

"What about your parents?" Connor questioned. Jeffrey just looked at him then at me with a blank face.

"It's okay, Jeffrey. Please notify my siblings," I smiled.

"Yes, ma'am," he lightly bowed and left our presence.

"Where are you parents?"

"They're on business most likely." We began walking to my room. Once we arrived, I sat on my bed, and he sat in my desk chair.

"Why aren't they home?"

"They're really busy. I mean that's what happens when you own three businesses," I lightly smiled.

"Wait! You own three?!"

"Well, my family does; I'm planning to own a different business."

"What are you planning to own?"

"I was thinking of a music business or become a singer myself."

"So you want to do music?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"What businesses do your parents own?"

"Shipping, banking, and insurance," I held my fingers while counting. "There's staring a new business in dentistry."

"Wow," he said impressed. "You don't want to be in any of those?"

"No, it's not my interest."

"I kinda figured one of you kids were gonna astray from the herd." I looked at him confused. He looked at me and began to laugh. "Sorry old talk from my home town. It means that I knew one of you were bound to leave the pattern of the family business."

"Oh," I chuckled.

"Yeah, sorry. I go to my home town every weekend, so I'm stuck with the talk."

"Don't you guys also own a farm?"

"Yeah, since at home I'm use to talking in the accent, I'm use to it coming out."

"Oh," I slowly nodded. "I understand. I kind of had an accent as a kid, but then it faded away because I wasn't around my home town any longer."

"Yeah, do you miss it?"

"My home town?"

"Yeah," he nodded

"No, I don't miss it at all. It was nice, but it's not something I would call home. I call here home."

"Oh, okay." After talking for a bit more, we ate. After dinner, Connor left, and we went to bed.

-- six months have passed and still no Chase. I really miss him. I just wish I could see him at least one day. I'm stronger though just not in my sleep.

I woke up for school today and got ready like I do everyday. It's too unbearable when he's not around. I went to school and saw a farmer boy walking around. I approached him and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and gave me eye contact with a huge smile.

"Hi, can I help you?" He pulled me into a room and kissed me. I felts sparks like I did with Chase.

This is wrong!

I pulled him away from me. "Excuse me, but I don't care who you think you are, you don't do that to someone else's girlfriend." He lightly laughed. "I don't see what you think is funny." He slipped on a pair of glasses, and I immediately knew who exactly it was. "Chase," I hugged him very hard. "I thought I was never going to see you again," I kissed his cheek.

"I didn't think I was going to see you either."

"Wait! Am I dreaming?"

"Blink three times." I did and sure enough he was gone. I woke up with tears. "That one was too real," I said out loud.

"Write it down," I heard my sister say. I got up and got my notebook and pen. I began writing down me dreams. I looked at the old ones, and they all seemed real. Each and every single one of them were too real to cope with. I couldn't sleep without having someone on my room.

"I'm sorry for making you stay up."

"It's okay. I'll sleep later. You're more important."

"No! You need to sleep!"

"Harper! You're losing more sleep than I am! I have people to rotate with; you don't!" I lied back down and began to cry.

"I can't take it anymore. He's not coming back," I said in between sobs. She came over and began to comfort me.

"Yes, he will. You'll see." I began to fall asleep. The next day, I woke up for school and for ready in my normal routine. I went to our school and saw a farmer boy.

Please tell me I'm dreaming.

I went up to the farmer boy, and he looked exactly...he turned around...not like Chase. After school, I went to this country outing place. For the past six months, people have heard Chase's song and began giving me music offers.  I began to write my own song after a month of him being gone. (song is above. pretend she made it.) I went to the location and began to sing.