chapter eleven

After talking for a bit, Harper suggested we go home. I began taking her to her house, and I ended up beating two guys. Once I beat the living hell out of them, I took Harper home. Don't worry. I called an ambulance for the guys, and the only reason I beat them up is cause they were gonna mess with Harper. After I dropped her off, I went home and went to sleep. We've been hanging out for a month now, and I've been practicing a part of a duet on YouTube. It's funny how I still don't know her last name. After practice, I took a shower and went to sleep. The next day, I woke up and lied in bed.

What?! Today's Saturday. There's no school.

I began to think about the past month with Harper and my family. I then, got a call from Harper.

"Hello."

"Hey, wanna come over tonight for dinner?"

"Sounds cool."

"Yeah. What you doing?"

"Lying down in bed. How about you?"

"Trying to keep my siblings out of my room."

I laughed a bit.

"You can come over if you want."

"Yeah sounds like a good idea."

I grunt.

"What is it?"

"I gotta get up now."

She laughs.

"Just stay asleep. I'll go in."

I laughed

"Okay. You know where the key is. Right?"

"Yeah." I put the phone down and went back to sleep. I then heard my door open. I looked up and saw Harper.

"Hey," she came in.

"Hey."

"Can I join?"

"Sure," I cover my face with my arm. She lied down next to me very stiff. I began to laugh.

"What?" she said trying not laugh with me.

"You don't have to be like a statue. I don't bite."

"Sorry. I just didn't want to make this uncomfortable or awkward."

"Don't worry. I don't think you can. Plus, you been on top of me before." I laughed on the last part.

"True," she said laughing. She then took off her shoes and lied down next to me. She put her arm around me, and I wrapped my arms around her. I then began to play with her hair.

"What?"

"Nothing. You're hair is just pretty."

"Oh thanks." She then lied her head on my chest.

"How was your sleep?"

"Good, and yours?"

"Good."