The Best Artists to Ever Grace the Earth Part 2

(Jacob's Point of View)

Niall began waking up around 18:00 and I could tell he was already hurting so I called Dr. Willis in and he quickly increased Niall's dosage of pain medication. The second he opened his eyes I knew he was uncomfortable just by the look on his face. I then say to him "Niall how are you doing?" he then says "hurts everywhere." I then say "I know Ni, but the worst part is finally over and you are finally on your way to recovery." He then says "I really hope so." He then says "why am I here again?" I then say "last night you woke up in uncontrollable pain and I took you to the hospital to get it under control and during the MRI they found a blood clot so they had to remove it with surgery." He then nodded and said "thanks for taking such good care of me." I then say "no problem Ni, Suri will be here as soon as she finished interviews." He then began falling asleep again however he tried to get more comfortable and must have accidentally moved to quickly causing his bad leg to move ever so slightly and he let out a little bit of a yelp. I quickly said "Niall it's okay, let me help you get comfortable." I can tell this surgery pushed him over the edge. I quickly call in the nurse and Dr. Willis to try to get Niall's pain under control and to help him get into a comfortable position.

(Niall's Point of View)

My knee was killing me, probably the most pain I have ever been in if that is even possible. I just want to get home to my house and my girlfriend. The nurses and Dr. Willis help me get get confortable and Dr. Willis hooks up my antibiotics and heparin along with the pain medication and then tells me he is going to check my knee. I then nod and brace myself to be in extreme pain. However Dr. Willis is very gentle and Jacob is holding my leg up to help keep it from moving as much. Dr. Willis says "Niall your knee is going to be very tender for a long time I'm afraid any pressure that is put directly near your scar is going to really hurt for a while so be very careful when you become more mobile that you don't bang the scar on anything." I just nod and he carefully removes my game ready and the whole nine yards. Finally he gets down to my gauze and incisions and they actually look pretty good. My knee is black and blue and super swollen but at this point I kind of expect that. He then says "Niall after 6 surgeries you are looking good and should be ready for PT in mid March." That is probably the best news I have heard, finally my knee is getting better.

(Dr. Willis' Point of View)

Niall's knee looked good for being post op on the first day from the 6th surgery in the last 2 months. I know this one pushed him over the edge but he is finally on the road to recovery. His knee is going to be tricky over the next couple of years to manage considering all the surgery he has had and I worry about him going on tour but Jacob is an excellent doctor and Niall is in good hands. However our first worry is the BRITT awards which are just a couple of days away. Naill's knee is so fragile right now I don't even know how to emphasize it enough. If he falls, or his knee gets bumped into he will need another surgery and he will not be ready for tour if that happens. So Jacob and I need to make a plan for Niall for this weekend. So I ask Jacob to come to the hall and I say "So for the BRITT's this weekend can you, Basil and I meet to talk about the BRITT's tonight?" Jacob then says "yes that sounds like a good plan." I then walk back in to make sure Niall is doing alright, but when I get inside the room Niall is asleep. I check his pain medication and then leave the room and I tell Jacob to page me if anything happens with Niall.

(Jacob's Point of View)

Niall is asleep which is good he seems pretty comfortable right now, his leg is elevated and being iced and is currently covered with a blanket and his pain medication is working and he is connected to oxygen and snoring lightly. I decided to take a nap while Niall is asleep.

(Suri's Point of View)

I am curious to see if Niall was awake yet so I called Jacob. However his phone rang and eventually went to voicemail so I said "Hey Jacob hope all is going well with Niall please call me when you get a chance, thanks." I am about to be finished with press for the day so I want to find out if I can see him, so I decide even if I have not heard back after I am finished I will just go to the hospital because I am pretty sure he is still there.