Flicker World Tour: Belfast Part 1

(Suri's Point of View)

It's about 8:00 AM when I hear my alarm go off. I am on the couch in the living room and I am exhausted because I went to bed around 5:30 AM. I quickly get up and brush my teeth and wash my face in the hall bathroom so that I don't wake up Niall and Jacob, since they were both up a lot last night too. As soon as I have done that I quickly throw my toothbrush and face wash into the suitcase and I change clothes into a hoodie, t-shirt and sweatshirt. Once I am dressed I put the remainder of my things into my suitcase and purse and the I head out of the room and across the hall to where my security guard Sam is staying. As soon as I get to the door I knock and he opens it and says "are you ready to go?" I nod and he comes out with his suitcase and he says "let's go." I nod and we head out toward the elevator. Today Lex and I have some work stuff in London. About 10 minutes later we get down to the parking garage and Sam loads the stuff into a car and off we go towards the airport. 

TWENTY MINUTES LATER

We have just arrived at the Tarmac and I see the jet waiting for us on the runway. The flight between here and London is just about an hour and twenty minutes which is pretty short. My plan is to quickly grab a shower and then go back to sleep. I would have showered at the hotel this morning but I really didn't feel like waking up early considering I didn't go to bed until around 5:30. As soon as we arrive on the Tarmac Sam hands our suitcases to the ground staff and we both get onto the plane. Immediately we are greeted by Ana who is the flight host. She says "breakfast will be served shortly after take off." I then smile and her and I climb aboard and I quickly walk to the back bedroom to put my purse. Once I have put my stuff down I walk back out to the front of the plane and I find a seat, grab a blanket from the over head bin and I buckle up. Moments later Sam sits down in a seat across the isle and he says "let's go over today's plan." I then nod and he says "today is a pretty short day. When we arrive we are heading straight to Shangri La at the Shard, hair and makeup will begin around 12:00 and photos with Vogue will begin around 1:45 and will last until 4:00. After you will be finished for the day." I then nod and say "can I fly to Belfast tonight after photos?" Sam then says "I'll run it past everyone but that should be fine, but I believe tomorrow is an early start." I then nod and say "what does tomorrow look like?" I then say "final schedule hasn't come out yet but tomorrow you have an interview with Nick Grimshaw at Radio 1 at 8:00 AM, followed by an interview and photoshoot with Nike at 1:00 PM, followed by a charity gala at the Four Season for Children with Cancer UK at 7:00 PM." I then say "sounds good, thanks." He then nods and we both close our eyes and they close the door to the plane and we begin taxing toward the runway. 

(Jacob's Point of View)

It's 9:00 AM when my alarm goes off. I quickly reach over to my phone to turn it off. I then quickly read through my messages. The first message that I open is from Basil. He says: Just keep me posted, I know his knee was really hurting last night. If he needs to sleep later let me know and we can figure something out. I decide I will write back to him after I go and see what his leg looks like this morning. I am exhausted and I really don't want to get out of bed. However, I need to go check on him because in 10 hours he is going to be hitting the stage again in Belfast, so I need to figure out what he needs in terms of medical care for his knee. I quickly get out of bed and head toward his room. As I am walking past the common area I notice Suri is gone, and then I remember she had to go to London for some work stuff. I then continue to Niall's room. When I walk in he is asleep but I noice he is beginning to stir which is most likely due to discomfort in his leg. Currently though, his knee is elevated and he is connected to all of the machines he is supposed to be, which is a relief. I then walk over to the bed and I turn on the light. I then carefully remove the melted ice pack from his knee which reveals his knee. When I look at it I feel a pit in my stomach. His knee is just bulging out of the brace and it is clear he is swelling out of control and I am worried this swelling could lead to a dislocation of his knee cap, thankfully he is in his brace which should help hold it in alignment. I look at the draining tube to make sure he is outputting fluid, which thankfully he is, but still his knee is massive.  At this point he is still asleep and I don't want to wake him because he desperately needs the sleep so his body can try to recovery. So I decide to just get some fresh ice for him because putting the game ready on him will wake him up and so will checking the rest of his leg out. I head out to the kitchen to get some fresh ice from the freezer. Once I have it I return to the bedroom and I carefully place it on his knee. I then turn up his oxygen and pain medication and then I turn off the lights and leave the room. Once I get back to my room I decide to call Bas.