Cooking Lessons and More Set Backs

(Suri's Point of View)

Around 05:00 I am awoken by Jacob who says he is taking Niall into the hospital to have his knee examined because he is leaking fluid. I nod and tell him to text me when he knows more of what is going on. He says okay and leaves, closing the door behind him.

(Niall's Point of View)

I am in pure agony and Jacob is taking me to the hospital. When we arrive the on nurse pages the on call orthopedic surgon. She then brings us to a room and we wait, and like always she takes my vitals. About 5 minutes later a woman named Dr. Forbes walks into the room and asks what brings us here this early. Jacob explains the fluid coming from my scar and the pain in my leg. She brings me to x ray, when we are finished she wheel me back to the room so that she can check the x rays. She places them on the light board and explains that it looks as if a screw has punctured my bursae sac which is causing the pain and the oozing from my scar which is not completely healed yet. She says she is going to re staple my knee just in case the pressure builds so my skin does not split open, but other than that she says just to use the drain and up the pain medication dosage and to come back next week. After that we head home and I go back to bed because it is about 07:00 in the morning. 

(Suri's Point of View)

I wake get up around 12:30 and decided to see if Niall is up, because we have been sleeping in different rooms because of his knee. When I walk into our room he is beginning to wake up. I walk over to my side of the bed and lay there as he wakes up. About 15 minutes later he opens his eyes and gives me a kiss. I ask him if he is hungry and he says yes, so I go into the kitchen to fix us some lunch. When I get to the kitchen Jacob walks in from the living room and I ask if he wants lunch, he says sure! I decided to make panini's with ham and cheese so I quickly make them and Jacob goes to help Niall out of bed. When they get to the dining room I have food on the table, usually we would sit at the bar counter but Niall has to keep his leg elevated and straight and there are not enough seats at the bar counter to accommodate all three of us and Niall's leg, so we have to use the table for now. While we are sitting I ask about this mornings visit to the hospital and Jaocb explains what happened. I then remind Niall today is his first cooking lesson at 13:30 with Leo. I know that because of his current situation Niall does not really want people in the house other than a couple close mates, family, Jacob and I and any doctors but I knew he was going crazy just sitting on the couch and in bed all day every day for the last month, so I hired a cooking instructor. I figured that Niall loved to eat and he had lots of free time right now so he should learn to cook so that he can make me dinner for a change and so that he is less board. I had to hire a home cooking teacher because Niall is in no position to leave the house with his knee. With Leo coming to our house Niall can learn to cook using our equipment and Jaocb is around to help when his knee goes down hill, also Niall is going to have to sit because he can't stand for long periods of time even with his crutches, so being at home makes the most sense right now. I clear the table and Jacob helps Niall back to the bedroom where I put his leg in a shower bag and help him hobble to the shower chair. I turn on the water for him and he quickly washes his hair. When he is finished I carefully help him get up from the chair and dry him off and get him back to the bed, because we are running short on time, Leo will be here in 40 minutes. Once Niall was on the bed I quickly take off the cast bag and grab a towel to put on the bed so that I can sponge bathe his leg, I quickly clean his left leg and then Jacob comes in to re dress it. I quickly jump in the shower myself, when I am finished I get dressed and then help Niall to get dressed. I pick out a pair of Blue Nike's, a pair of grey sweats and a black t shirt for Niall. Once he is dressed Jacob helps him into his wheel chair and hooks him up to the game ready ice machine. About 10 minutes later the doorbell rings, I open it and it is Leo! I welcome him to our home and then bring him into the living room to meet Niall and Jacob. I explain to him that Niall can't put any weight on his left leg and either needs to be sitting down, in his wheel chair or on crutches. I then leave it to Jacob to tell him additional information and then I leave to run some errands.