Prologue - The Deal

The Cursed One stood before me. His presents sent chills down my spine. His black-eyed stare pierced me right to the soul.

I made sure to keep a neutral face, I am the Leader of my clan after all and must show no weakness or else the crown will be ripped from my clasp.

"Do you understand your task Cursed One," He gave me a devilish smile in return.

"Please repeat," his deep booming voice filled my ears. I held back a sigh. Could it not be any clearer? I thought. I expected Deaths assassin to be better than that. He is after all the wielder of the deadliest blade known to man. The Cobra.

"Very well, you must destroy the Nightingale family and their fortune but do not harm the violet eyed child. She holds the Mermaid's Tear necklace. Capture her and bring her to me. Leave no trace behind. Understood?"

He bows his head and replies with the word I've been waiting to hear 'Understood.' He turned and left the room as quiet as a cat. I sat there a while longer just staring at the door waiting for the man to come charging in and stabbing me in the heart.

However, the moment never came but I know he will once he finds out the Mermaid's Tear necklace is his key to freedom of the curse that now controls his very soul.

That's part of the reason I sent him out to find the girl. I need her to save the human race from the deadly blackness I see in all my dreams.

The only way she can do this is if everything from her past is destroyed.

She will encounter many obstacles before she reaches the end and hopefully she is strong enough to sacrifice something in order to help us all...

A/N

Btw this is NOT is this persons POV in the story you'll find out later who this guy is but it'll NEVER be in this guys POV again.

A1iCat