Chapter 9 - The Deal Maker

My eyes open slowly once again but are quickly shut from the bright stream of light that blurs my vision. I bring my hands up to my eyes and wipe all the sleep away.

I look around me and find I'm moving.

What the hell! How in gods name am I moving?!

Oh wait I'm riding a horse. Wait what?! I'm riding a horse?! How can I be riding a horse while sleeping?! As far as my knowledge goes its impossible and I mean IMPOSSIBLE to ride a horse while your sleeping.

"Morning Sleeping Beauty" Jai chirps behind me. Ohhh that explains a lot.

"How long have I been asleep for?" My throat feels like sand paper when ever I try to speak. My voice comes out croaker than intended as well.

"12 hours Princess. You've-"

"12 HOURS?!" I scream in shock. I have never and when I say never I mean NEVER in my entire life have I slept for 12 hours!

"Calm down Princess and yes you have been asleep for 12 hours. Personally I thinks it's because you've over exhausted yourself and seeing Prince Charming lying on the ground unconscious made you finally snap."

"Oh" I reply once I've fully calmed down. Sadness stabs my heart as I remember Conrad on the ground looking completely lifeless except for his breathing chest.

"Hey Jai can you do me a favor please?"

"Yea sure anything you want Princess."

"Could...could you stop calling me 'Princess' please?"

"Yea but why?"

" Well because after you're finished with me I'm most likely aren't going to be going home because there's nothing left for me there and I'd rather cut all ties with my old life as much as possible but I can't do that with you calling me 'Princess' all the time. So yea please stop."

"Awww but what else can I call you Cupcake, Muffin, Sunshine, Button. Ooh I know I could call you Sadis!" I laughed at his way of brightening a situation. I was grateful for that because right now with how messed up my life is right now, I really needed it.

"I mean you need a nickname seeing as you nicknamed me Lanky and-"

"I DID NOT NICKNAME YOU LANKY!" I screamed at him. I mean yea I did nickname him that but still, he DID NOT need to know that. Even though I kind of let it slip...once?...okay fine more than once but come on you have to agree with me, he's tall and skinny soooo therefore 'lanky'.

"Oh yes you did. You said and I quote 'What is your name LANKY'."

"Okay I may or may not have called you Lanky but in good reason."

"And what may that reason be?" I could tell he was smirking at me as well as had one of his eyebrows raised.