Chapter 2 - Déjà vu

I stare out of the window in my bedroom. In the distance I can see the huge iron gates that separate me from the rest of the world. Beyond the walls I can just make out the the cobble stone road leading down the hill to Fathers city. Red roofed cottages can be seen as dots from this window.

More than anything in the world I've always wished to travel beyond the huge iron gates but its like dreaming for wings. I'll never be aloud to leave the palace unless I'm Queen of course. But I'll never be Queen as Liam is the heir to the throne.

I sigh to my self.

"I wish...I wish I could see what's beyond the walls of the palace and travel to towns and other kingdoms as free as a bird," I mutter to myself. I smile at the thought.

"Be careful what you wish for Sadie," I jump at the sound of Mothers voice behind me.

How did I not hear her come in? I think to myself. I turn to find Mother has a tight expression on her face. I try to swallow my nerves but my my throat does not want to cooperate.

"Yes Mother," I manage to say. Mother only nods.

"Well Sadie hurry up and get dresses the guests will be arriving soon." As if on cue the sound of a rolling carriage reaches my ears from outside. "Ah, it seems our first guest has arrived. Wait here child and I'll sent a maid to come and fetch you when the time is right."

With that Mother left the room closing the door behind her.

It wasn't loud but the sound seemed to vibrate in my ears.

I turned back to the window and looked into the court yard. Just in time to spot the young man who just happened to be staring right at me. I put on a smile hoping it didn't look forced. He smiled back at me before entering the palace after what looked like his parents.

The man had the most lovely caramel eyes I had never seen along with dark curly brown hair which he kept just short enough not to cover his eyes. I noticed he had broad shoulders with muscular arms and chest, just like Liam, under his suit. He was quite handsome if I do say so myself. He was surprisingly tall for his age but then again so are most men these days.

If I remember correctly he's the prince of Neville. Prince Conrad II. Rumor has it that Prince Conrad is very fond of the Princess Sadie of Riversdale. Which happens to be me. I'm not sure how true it is, as I had over heard it in the kitchen last year a couple of days after he had last arrived.

I don't mind really. And if I remember correctly he's only a year older than me, making him 17.

I know it's cheesy but I couldn't help but imagine it being true.

I turn away from the window in walk over to the bed where the violet dress lays neatly. After a couple of minutes of debating in my head whether or no to put it on or run for the hills, I prepare myself for tonight's event.

************************************

Once I slide on the violet dress Mother had brought up for me. I look at myself in the mirror. The dress makes my violet eyes look like a big purple beacon saying 'JUST LOOK AT MY WEIRD EYES EVERYBODY!'.

I visibly wince at the thought of millions of people staring straight at my unusual eyes. There like a big shiny amethyst.

I push my thoughts away and focus on other things. I finally notice my crystal tear shaped necklace. It's glowing a white light. Something I've never seen before. I frown in thought.

Is this normal I think to myself.

It can't be normal. It's probably just the light from the setting sun.