Chapter 7 - Traps

(Prince Conrad's POV)

The small group of us were traveling through the forest with the dogs up front searching for any scents of the Princess. So face we had come across a clearing and found a burnt out fire that looked to only a couple of hours old.

This raised my hopes slightly. For all I knew they could be days ahead of us and there was no way of knowing for sure.

My men had also found bits and pieces of Sadie's dress which thankfully was enough for the tracking dogs to follow.

I hadn't slept in days and I was soon going to catch up to me if I didn't do something soon but my worry for Sadie was too strong far even a nights rest or even a short nap.

The soldiers were doing the best they could to find the Princess but it just doesn't seem enough at the moment. The were to many what if's in this search.

We have been traveling for a week now and there has been no other traces of Sadie or the assassins. Everyone's starting to believe that we'll never find her or the men.

We had set up camp for the last night on our search. Yea I know everyone has given up hope by now, including me, so we came to a conclusion that it was going to be impossible to find them now useless fe found another clue.

I sighed to myself and looked around at the men and the dogs. There were three dogs by the fire soaking in its warmth. To others were being fed by one of my men. One missing. Confusion was very clear at the moment.

"Sir, is there something wrong?" A short man with short black hair and green eyes asked me.

"I'm confused, where is the sixth dog Buster?" Everyone looked up from there tasks of cooking or setting up tents to look around in search for the missing dog.

"Maybe he's found something, Sir?" One of the cooks answered.

"Yea maybe. Well if he has then we best find him. Everyone stop what your doing and search around camp. Some of you look into town to see if he wandered off there." Everyone nodded and split off into two groups.

Calls for the dog and whistles could be heard for miles the men where so loud. Th cracking sound of twigs and the rustle of bushes where the only music. All animals had by now been scared away by the amount of noise being made.

Before long there was a bark not too far from where I was sitting by the fire. Not long after was there a shout for me to come quickly.

I stood and ran in the direction of the bark and the shout. When I had reached the man and dog others where coming as well to see what they had found. The dog was sniffing the ground underneath a bush. This place had good cover from attackers if need be. The black dog's tail was wagging a mile per hour. It seem overly excited about something under the bush.

I pushed my way through the crowd and there hidden from sight was Sadie's dress. I reached under the bush and pulled out the soft delicate fabric. Hope swelled throughout my chest. We had finally found something that could keep up this search for her.