Food

Draco's PoV

'SHE SAID WHAT TO YOU?' I demanded from both Theo and Blaise.

They both exchanged a look,

'Well Hermione is the brightest wit...' I cut him off with a look.

'Anyway she worked it out and wanted to make her own bet with us.' Blaise explained.

'So what exactly was this bet she wanted to make?'

'Well' Theo started. 'That she could get you to willingly kiss her before the Christmas holidays which is only four weeks away. We thought you would want to know.'

'She thinks she is so clever,' I thought to myself.

'Let's mess with her' I mused out loud with a plan formulating in my head. She isn't going to know Blaise and Theo told me. It's time to have some fun.

Walking back to the common room felt like it had taken forever but I needed to give the boys enough time to tell Malfoy. After all the years of insults about my blood status it was finally time to get pay back. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Hermione's PoV

Standing outside the portrait hole I took a deep breath and prepared myself for whatever attack I found.

'Draco are you here?' I called as I stepped into the common room.

Hearing no response I placed the plates on the little table in front of the chair so he could easily find the food when he got back. Who doesn't like food? It was a simple technique but effective for him to know that I was thinking about him. 'Yeah right.'

Feeling a cold breath on my neck, I quickly spun around bumped and fell into his solid chest and strong arms.

'Sorry love, did I scare you?' He closely whispered into my ear while with his arm wrapped around my waist.

Goosebumps erupted all over my body at the close proximity and the feel of his mouth nearly touching the sensitive skin on my neck.

I heard him chuckled and felt him unwind his arm from around me.

Why did I now feel the sudden loneliness without his arm around me?

'No... you didn- didn't scare me no.' I stuttered.

'Of course I didn't' he purred. 'Decided to finally speak to me again?' He asked with a slight catch in his voice.

Wow his acting skills were better than I thought they would be. You could almost mistake his words for sincerity. If I hadn't seen Blaise and Theo dash around the corner I would have almost believed him. Almost. There is no way he would be this nice and polite to me of his own accord.

'Yeah well, we have to do this project for Slughorn and it would be hard if we weren't speaking.'

'That's true.' Draco said as he absently grazed his fingers along my arm as if he hadn't realised he'd been doing it.

'You brought me food?' He asked with a dazed look on his face.

Clearly he hadn't expected me to actually be nice and serious about the bet.

'Yeah I realised that you probably hadn't eaten anything since I saw you in the library when it was being served so I grabbed us some sandwiches and stuff from the kitchen on my way back to the dorm.'

'Well... Thanks.' He replied clearly looking mystified.

The sheer wonderment on his handsome face make me think that he has never had anyone worrying in case he hadn't eaten.

'Is what I'm doing wrong? And since when have a thought of Draco's face as handsome?'