Chapter 10. (Day 1 of hiding)

"My little girl is gonna be stuck there for the rest of her life? No! Bring her back! Or let me go to her, please! Make me Chaos again I beg you!" Caitlin yelled.

"You do know that the only way to become Chaos again is to marry one of the royal family and so far I'm the remaining" he King said.

"Me? Marry you? You'd never marry me, and if you did you'd never treat me like a princess which is my law for men" she said.

"Your right, I wouldn't treat you like a princess" he pressed against her, his hands on her waist. He bent down and pressed his lips against hers, when the kiss broke she looked at him in shock "I'd treat you like a queen, like the only girl in the world, like the one I love, like my best friend. You know that I love you and I always have whether I was mad or not, but I need to know if you feel the same. I know you hate to hear about Thomas but he never deserved you" he starred into her eyes and showed her that he meant every word he had just said.

Caitlin stood there in shock, then smiles "yes, I love you too, always have, and always will" she replied but said nothing more as they shared another kiss.

"So what's your moms name?" Jocelyn asked Francis as he watched her sit in the tub full of bubbly hot water. He sat on the other side of the tub on the floor and looked at nothing but her eyes. Even if he tried her couldn't because of the vanilla scented bubbles covered her whole body but her head.

"Rachel, she was-" he was cut off when there was a knock at the door, furious banging actually. He got up and locked the bathroom door on his way out. Jocelyn listened and could hear as if a window was open next to neighbors having a party -which was loud-.

"We need to talk" a man said.

"No shit? You almost broke my door, what do you want king?" Francis asked.

"It's about the foreshadowed they got a girl they thought was Jocelyn, but it's not her obviously, it's her friend, Hannah" he said.

Jocelyn's eyes went wide, she quickly got out of the bath and put on a towel dress and robe and rushed down the stairs holding where the end of the towel was stuck inside to keep it from falling. She tied the robe just before she went into view in the doorway.

"Hannah? Where is she? Is she ok? God Shawn must be freaking out! And her mother! We have to save her!" 

"We can't, they wanna make a trade. You for the girl" the King said.

"Fuck no" Francis said right away.

"Francis, if she dies because of me I'll never forgive myself, I'll be fine".

"No way in hell! Once the trade is made they'd kill you right in front of us, I'll figure something out. Maybe if I went with some of the hawks to get her it'd be a win-win" he said.

"Unless you get captured, tortured and killed" the King said.

Jocelyn gasped, her eyes went wide, her hands went over her mouth, tears formed in the corners of her eyes and later escaped. The King had noticed what he had just said made things worse for her as she ran off to her room. Francis looked at him "it's either me or you, you decide, your the king for christsakes, act like it and save Hannah but don't come back until you do" he said and chased after Jocelyn and the King disappeared.

She slammed the door and locked it once she got back to her room. The sound of his open hands landing the the door made her jump "Jocelyn, I'm not gonna go" he said.

"It doesn't matter! I can't even think about someone ever hurting you without freaking out" she tried to control her breathing. 

Somehow Francis had gotten the door open and rushed to her and held her. The touch of him always calmed her down, it was like he could reflect his emotions onto her with just one touch and it sent shivers down her spine if that happened with her first time, if he was her first time. "I'm sorry, it was a stupid thing to mention" he said "but if I don't go, you don't go either".

"Promise?" She looked at him.

He nodded "cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye" he chuckled as did she.

"Some day we're gonna have to tell her soon, I'd bet she'd be excited" Caitlin forced a smile.

"I told her about Hannah" Caitlin's expression changed.

"She got mad didn't she? Or run away?"

He nodded. "Hmm, just give her time to cool off and take in the news but we shouldn't press the marriage on her just yet" she finished.

He nodded again, this time in agreement and disappeared to finish some work. Caitlin couldn't wait to be home again, her real home.

"So, if two Chaos create a child, the child is born human and in that moment they have to choose to live human or be Chaos? After seeing images from both worlds from the memories of their parents?" Jocelyn asked.

"Yup, I had seen a memory of my-" he stopped and his face changed.

She hadn't seen his face change that fast which startled her "Francis? What is it?" She asked.

"I saw a memory of my father, hurting my mom. I saw bad things from the human world but I'd rather see that then meet my father so I was born human. Michael is my half brother and his father was a one night relationship so he went with Chaos. My father was furious when I chose the human world, he was excited to meet me. But he hurt my mother even worse, claiming that she had made a burden" his fists met the wall and she jumped.

Jocelyn didn't know what to say, she wanted to say that was his fathers fault that his mother had terrible memories like that but she didn't want to anger him anymore. Instead she got up and walked out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. She had also figured out that the way you seal the connection of the Zieo was to do "it". She shuddered at the thought because it would be permanent. The only thing she worried was that he would cheat on her -which is punishable by death- or that he'd changed.

Become a different man, take his mask off and show his true self. Or worse.