Chapter 26

"Did you know about this?" Jocelyn exclaimed when Francis appeared in the corner of her eye.

Francis pressed his lips together, confused and frustrated of what to say next. His hand moved toward her "Jocelyn-"

"How could you do this? Lie to me the way you do! My mom, Caitlin, I don't even know what to call her any more!"

"Jocelyn, she may have not brought you into this world but she's still your mother. You don't need to change names here" he reassured her, carefully choosing his words.

She put her hands on her head and pushed her hair back with flat hands. "I've been losing everybody! First it's Hannah, then my mom" tears fell down her cheeks and Francis had the strong urge to wrap her in his arms, and that's exactly what he did. He rushed forward and put himself around her. She flattened her hands on his chest and sobbed with her head just below his chin.

"Your not gonna lose me Jocelyn, I swear to you that I will be by your side for as long as you may breath" he said.

~~~

Once Jocelyn was starting to feel better, they returned from their haven. Michael greeted them with Tulip still in his arms. Jocelyn looked down at her and looked into her daughters eyes, her beautiful blue/red eyes for the first time. She gasped and almost dropped her "Francis look" she said.

He looked in her eyes and grinned "she has eyes just like mine, they change depending on her mood but any color it is, it's blended in with blue like your blue eyes" he said.

Her startled face relaxed and she looked back down and smiled. Crawford slowly walked toward them, his head was looking down and seemed he didn't even notice them and he didn't. He look up and jumped back and froze "geez you guys, seriously" he shook it off and looked at Jocelyn.

Francis took Tulip and walked over to his brother, Crawford stood next to Jocelyn who watched Francis as he walked. When they made eye contact, Jocelyn gave Crawford a warm smile "so should I start calling you dad?"

His made an annoyed face "no" he said. Jocelyn giggled and he started to laugh. They hugged each other "I'm sorry, I've just been a bit stressed out" Jocelyn said.

"No worries, I understand. It's been a long year".

"Was my mother beautiful?" Jocelyn said softly, almost in a whisper.

"The most beautiful women in the world" his eyes went wide "I'll be right back" he said and ran off.

Jocelyn moved her head in his direction, then back toward Francis's. A few minutes later, Crawford ran back with something in his hand, a photo. "This was you mother when she was two months pregnant with you, it took me forever to convince her to let me take it but I had told her that she glowed and looked beautiful in her yellow sun dress" he said.

Jocelyn took the photo, and she did glow. The sun beaming off her hair, her yellow dress flowing from the breeze and her face towards the camera with a big bright smile on her face. Tears welded into her eyes and she sniffled "she is beautiful" she finally said with a smile.

"People said that she died because you had her killed, I know that's not true so how did she die?" Jocelyn asked

"She died at child birth, Doctor couldn't figure out why. I was crushed, I thought my life was going to hell and I was in no condition or even position to raise you as my daughter. When Ashley found out she was pregnant, she thought at first that the child was Thomas's but when she thought about it, she said it's impossible for you to be his because it was months ago when me and her had relationship issues and I went to make an alliance with another clan of Chaos, and when I got back we made up a lot. I felt relieved, Caitlin and Ash blamed me for her death and made up this whole theory about me killing her. Thomas never found out that you weren't his child but he didn't care, he even suggested I give you to them and I knew he was right. But if I'd known you were the new generation of Chaos, I would've slit his throat" he replied, looking into her eyes with honesty.

Jocelyn looked down "I understand why you had them raise me. I wish I had met her" she said.

"You may not remember, but you did meet her. Once you were out" his face turned red and she giggled "-the doctor put you in a blanket and gave you to her right away once the cord was cut of course. But she looked like the most happiest new mother in the world, once she gave you to me, her line went flat almost instantly. She died with that smile on her face but it disappeared a minute later, she died happy" Jocelyn hugged him and let tears roll down her cheek. He hugged her back and put his chin on her shoulder, he hugged her just how he did with her mother, happy.