Chapter 4

I look around the room and take in its features; the conversation at hand is becoming too awkward to sit and do nothing but stare at Calum. This experience as a whole is awkward, and I can not do anything to change it. The room is large yet mostly empty. The walls are a pale tan color, smooth and matte; the ceiling is white, bright and bold against the walls and the floor. The floor is wooden, seeming to be old, yet taken care of. What is this place? Why is this all underground? The interior is furnished, similar to a house, but it feels more like a bunker than a home. The couch I am sitting on is soft and squishy, the soft material brushing against my hands as I lean back into the couch. A tv stands opposite of the couch, hanging peacefully on the wall next to the door. The screen is black, dull and lifeless. In the room, no pictures or paintings hang along the walls; they are bare. The room also furnishes a pool table, bright and offsetting to the scene.The pool cues are neatly places on their respective stands in the corner of the room; the pool balls glistering so beautiful on the wooden table.

The air is stiff, cool, and damp; I can feel the pressure and heat of someone watching me.

Looking over at Calum, he watches me silently, eyes glimmering, swirling full of browns and earthy-colors. His eyes are so deep and beautiful compared to my muddy brown eyes. His features and him as a whole are so much more beautiful than any of my features. I examine his features, strong jawline, squishy face, nice cheekbones. His jawline is chiseled, and I watch his jaw clench and unclench as he watches me with a questioning look. His lips look soft and plump; they are a soft beige-pink; longer eyelashes stand out against his dark, tan skin. His skin glows in an impossible way, and I can feel his heat radiating off of him from where I sit. Calum's heat mingles in the air with the smell of his cologne. Deep and rich, like the forest, his cologne smells like burnt wood and the sweet summer air. His tricep muscles tighten as he moves closer to me; rippling through his skin, his muscles flex and move along with him.

I look into his eyes, watching them turn darker by the second; he looks into my eyes, then to my lips. His face slowly inches towards mine, his hand reaching towards my face. Cupping my cheek, stroking his thumb over my cheeks and lips, he looks at me with such passion. I start to fall into this feeling deep inside of me, like butterflies trying to return to the skies. Passion and lust burns through my soul and body, like something almost is possessing me; sadness flies through me, soaring around the room as I jerk away from his touch, looking at him with a scared look. Scolding myself mentally as I let the thoughts drown me; the thoughts of his pain, and the sorrow that hangs in the air, dancing around us. I watch the pain of rejection flood his eyes, but his smile doesn't break.

"I understand if you are not comfortable, yet, Lililah."
All I do is nod because I don't know Calum; all I know are the things people say around the school. The rumors that hover from person to person at school; whispers that are exchanged between students, mainly girls. These rumors vary in range; rumors about how he is a bad boy, telling off all his teachers, skipping school, using girls, sleeping with them and leaving them the moment after. Rumors about him and his friends getting into fights, how they avoid the cops, they never attend parties. Most of these are started and spread by Jessica, a popular girl at school, blonde and pretty. The typical popular girl in any television series.

If I had friends, I would leave this place, return home, and ask them for advice; should I trust him? Should I not trust him? Since no one talks to me, I don't have anyone to ask for advice or help. I don't know what to do. I basically know nothing about Calum, but something in my mind screams for me to trust him and be with him, but what if I am being used? I know nothing about Calum, who he is, what he does, and for some weird reason that is unknown, I want to know everything about him.

Calum watches me with sad eyes, and rests his hand on my lap. I flinch before I stand, backing away from him.

"So, I think I am just going to go..." I trail off, turning around, ready to leave the room.