Chapter 22

In the morning, the birds chirp loudly outside of Calum's window. Next to me, the bed is empty, and I remember what happened last night. I told Calum that I didn't want to perform the ritual, and he listened to me. He let me sleep in his room as he slept on the couch downstairs. I take the time to look around Calum's bedroom because when we arrived, that was the last thing on my mind. The walls are a blood red color, filled with posters of bands and sports, along the walls. A desk sits along the wall opposite of the king-sized bed. On the desk lays a laptop, and some books. Most likely his school books. Although, we are currently on spring break for school. The desk's chair is pushed out, and next to his desk sits a black bass guitar. It rests on a guitar stand; the sun reflects off of the glossy surface, and shines brightly throughout the room. His dresser is adjacent to the desk, and the drawers are drawn out as if he was struggling to pick out an outfit, and decide on what he wanted to wear.

Calum sleepily opens the door and wanders into the room.

"What are you doing, looking at me like that?" Calum mutters.

I giggle softly, "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean, Lili."

Looking into his eyes, I smile, "I don't know what you mean, Cal."

Calum smiles, "That look, the one you are giving me right now."

"You make me happy, that's all."

He laughs softly, "Of course I do. I'm Calum Hood."

I scoff. Slowly, I get out of the bed, and leave the bedroom. Behind me, I hear the wolf mutter to himself before he starts running towards me. His footsteps are loud and fast, so I make a run for it. Running down the stairs, and into his living room, I hide behind the corner of the entrance, hoping I can take Calum by surprise. His laughter echoes as he searches the kitchen, and I listen quietly, pausing my breathing to not give my hiding spot away. The wolf's steps grow louder as he approaches the living room. Calum enters the room, and I quickly take the moment to jump on his back. Laughing loudly, I jump onto his back; wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his shoulders, I take Calum by surprise. He staggers a bit to regain his balance, and he swiftly lifts me off of his back, and over his shoulder. The short pajama shorts I am wearing give a great view of my ass, and the wolf of course, has to tell me so.

"What did you think you were going to do? You can't hide from me!"

Giggles and laughter bubble from my lungs, and I struggle to stutter out a sentence, "I wanted to scare you!"

Calum sets me down, letting my feet touch the cold tile in the kitchen, the room in which he walked us into. Shivers slide up my spine at the cold touch, and the wolf smirks down at me. Letting out of a huff, I walk to the fridge, grabbing out the things I will need to make pancakes because that is what my wolf is yearning for. Yes, pancakes. She wants pancakes.

"What are you doing?" The amusement in Calum's voice is obvious, but the question lingers and hangs in the air.

"I'm making pancakes."

He smiles, letting out a chuckle, "Why are you making pancakes?"

"She wants pancakes." I state, and continue to make these pancakes.

"She?"

"My wolf?"

"What do you mean, your wolf?"

I turn to look at Calum, "What are you asking? Don't you have a wolf? I feel her, her emotions. Hell, when I was dying in a cell, she was in my mind, she told me she created that place, I saw her. White fur, purple eyes."

Calum stares at me with wide eyes, "Lililah, that is not your wolf. You are the wolf, you feel what you feel, there is no two separate people."

"What?"

"Lililah, the wolf you feel and see, she is the goddess of the moon, she is the werewolf goddess. Rumored to bless wolves with special abilities and pure hearts."

"I don't understand, then why can I feel her excitement, happiness, joy, and love?"

"You feel her emotions?" He asks me, and I nod.

"Every time I am near you, she yips with happiness, Calum."

Calum sits there in shock, and I just sigh before making these damn pancakes that the wolf wants so much.

"I don't understand, Lililah. What you are talking about is impossible."

"Well it is not impossible because I feel her emotions Calum. I saw her in that place too, and she said that she is my wolf."

"She said that?" He questions me, and I nod.

"Yes."

"Lililah?"

"Yes?"

"I think you are more than just a hybrid."

I stop cooking the pancakes and turn to look at him, "What are you talking about now?"

"I think you the next goddess of the moon."

"What?"

He struggles to collect his thoughts, "There is a story that I was always told as a pup by my father. A story of the goddess of the moon. The goddess of the moon, she is a wolf, a wolf with breathtaking, white fur and purple eyes. Her name is Luna."