Chapter 14

That night, Luke came back to check up on me. Made sure I had been taking care of myself, and not drowning in the sorrows of my father's death. I need not to know what time it was when he left, the cool dampness of the hideout left me to believe Mother Earth is taking her time, getting ready to rest for the evening. The busy hum of the day has settled into the smooth whirl of the night. Again, I ask for Luke to stay the night, just one more. Tomorrow, I will return to school. Return to a normal life, and try to put this whole thing behind me. Today, I am returning to the old farmhouse. Quickly changing, I decide to leave the hideout before anyone from the pack returns from school. Knowing that Luke will scold me and prevent me from going to the farmhouse, I don't text him, telling him where I am going.

Outside, the breeze is soft, and I smile taking in a deep breath. Wondering into the forest, I find my way to the pink tree-house. The tall tree looming over me, calling out to me. Placing my hand on the trunk, I whisper,

"I will come back soon."

Turning to the path, I start to walk in the direction that Luke lead me last time. Minutes pass before I find myself stumbling onto the property of the farmhouse again. Miles and miles of the forest spread beyond the house. Making my way inside of the building, I try and focus on finding the room. If it is hidden by magic, and only accessible to me, I close my eyes. Listening to the quiet house, I wait for some type of spark, something to lead me to the room. Nothing happens for several minutes before I feel it. A faint hum of power. Opening my eyes, I start to head towards the humming, the vibrations tingling my fingers as I get closer. Up the stairs, I find myself in front of a white door with a pink 'L' painted on the door. Pushing the door open, I see what looks like an old infant's room. My old room. The hum of power is the most powerful here, and I look around, nothing about magic is in this room. Is this really the place? I ask myself. The room is empty, all except a crib, broken and vandalized. The hum tingles my fingers more as I walk towards the crib and the wall it is against. Placing my palms on the wall, I see a room.

Closing my eyes, I see this room, the same room I am in, but covered in a wall of books. Is this what my father was talking about? I turn around, keeping my eyes closed. The opposite wall is completely a bookshelf, and it is full with books. Placing my hands on the books, I feel them under my touch. Opening my eyes, I see the shelf, but only what is in my hands is visible. All of the books I am not touching remain invisible.

Gasping, I touch each book, and I smile widely. This was amazing.

Outside, I hear a loud howl. My breathing stops as I step away from the shelf. It disappears quickly, and I run down into the front lawn of the abandoned place. Only one wolf howls, louder it seems as it gets closer to me. In the distance, about 50 yards, I see it. A white wolf with purple eyes. I instantly know it is a girl, and she howls louder. It pulls a string in my heart, and I feel like something is missing. My father said I was a wolf too, maybe she can sense that?

The white wolf approaches me, slowly. Her eyes trained on my own as she steps closer; nothing is said, no sounds are made, nothing can be heard as she continues to make her way. The wolf stops about ten feet in front of me, and she bows her head to me, and then a voice enters my mind.

"Lililah, how nice to meet you."

I gasp aloud, knowing that it is the wolf in front of me talking to me.

"My name is Luna, and I am the goddess of the moon. I am the wolf goddess."

"But how can I see you? How can you talk to me?" I stutter out loud, and her laughter echoes in my mind.

"My darling, you are a child of mine, and you are blessed with angelic abilities."

I stay quiet, trying to process this all in my mind.