Chapter 5

I wake up to the loud buzz of my alarm clock, blaring and squealing next to me, telling me that it is time for me to rise from the ashes, and get ready for school. I reach to shut the annoying object up. Pressing the large button on the alarm, I sigh at the peace and quiet the room settles into once the alarm no longer makes noise. It's Monday, which means I have school today, and that makes me groan loudly. Lifting my head up to look at the time, I squint at the bright gleaming red numbers displayed on the clock; I see that it is only 6:30 in the morning. School starts in one hour and 30 minutes; that is about enough time to horse around while getting ready. Slowly taking my time getting up and out of the comfort of my bed, I place my feet on the floor and feel the cool floor underneath the pads of my feet. In my closet, I start to look through my clothes; losing the effort to continue my adventurous search for something cute to wear, I end up picking out some plain black skinny jeans that I own, along with a cropped Nike hoodie. Picking out grey Nike shoes to match the grey hoodie, I slip them onto my feet after I put socks on, along with the basic underwear and bra for the day.

Walking into the bathroom attached to my bedroom, I ruffle around my thick curly hair, tussled and frizzy. Using some hairspray, I try my best to tame the curls; using the spray and working it into my hair to help the curls keep their shape throughout the day. Knowing that if I did not use hairspray, my curls would get frizzy and crazy as the day goes on. Even though no one talks to me at school, and i have no one to impress, generally, I still try to look somewhat good. Maybe some afternoon as I walk home from class, I run into my prince charming, a tall boy who will do anything and everything for me. Giggling at the thought, I reach for my makeup-bag on the marble counter; I open it, and take out some makeup. Doing my usual makeup routine, I start to complete my look for the day. I slather on some concealer onto my face, along with blush, eyeshadow, and eyeliner. As usual, I do my normal winged eyeliner and nude eyeshadow. Finishing my makeup look with a simple lip gloss, I swipe the gloss across my lips.

Walking back into my bedroom, I make my bed. Pulling the comforter across the sheets, placing the soft pillows in their typical place. Grabbing my phone from the side table, I shove it into my back pocket. On the dresser, I make sure to have Calum's necklace. Everything feels so unreal, the whole thing, a magical fairytale. Holding Calum's necklace to my chest, my thoughts start to wander. On Saturday, the boys showed me around their base. Calum told me to keep his necklace, and he told me he thought it suited me well; a symbol of our newly found relationship. The boys were eager to get to know me as their new Luna, the mate of the alpha, except for Ashton. Ashton sat quietly and did not look at me when I talked. I have a feeling he doesn't like me. Sunday, all I did was stay in my bedroom, dreaming of what happened the day before; thinking about this whole thing, is this all just a dream? I put on the glimmering silver necklace, and let it slide underneath my hoodie, hiding it from peering eyes. I look in my full body mirror, that sits by the closet, taking in my appearance. My skin tones makes my belly piercing stick out like a sore thumb, the silver metal striking out against my warm colored skin. The silver dream catcher that hangs from it, feathers and pink beads, completes the piercing well. Smiling at my appearance, I turn around, grabbing my white backpack, and start to make my way downstairs.

Currently, it is 7:15, and I can hear my father in the kitchen. He is swinging his hips, humming to a song. As he is making some eggs and bacon for us, he dances around kitchen; this is my typical weekday morning, that is until the doorbell rang. Ever since I could remember, my father would drive me to school after we ate breakfast together, and when school ended, I would walk home. Every afternoon, when I walk home, I stop at the local cafe for a cup of coffee, vanilla creamer, and foam, to go. In the mornings, it was typically quiet, just the sound of my father cooking; he told me that he could never miss a morning breakfast with me because that was my mother's tradition: a family breakfast.