Chapter 48

[Alexander]

Masakit ang ulong pumasok ako sa opisina the next morning.
Pero ang isip ko remained on what happened last night.

Who's that girl? That one who slapped me.

I grinned.

"Malalaman ko rin kung sino ka. You'll pay for what you did to me last night."

Napailing iling na lamang ako habang binabasa ang mga papeles na nasa mesa ko.

Wattagirl! S'ya lang ang kauna unahang gumawa sa akin ng gano'n.

My phone rang. Thadz iz calling.

"Thadz? Napatawag ka?" I asked in a sleepy tone.

"She's back." He said excitedly.

I am about to ask who and what he's talking about when someone knocked on my office door.

"A minute, Thadz. I'll get back to you later. Tatawagan kita."

I turned off my phone. Binalikan ko ang ginagawa ko kanina.

"Pasok." Nakayukong binabasa ko ang mga papeles na kailangan kong pirmahan.

"Sir Alexander. Dumating na po yung lawyer na papalit kay Mr. Go." My secretary said.

Nagkakasakit na kasi si Mr. Go. Medyo matanda na rin kaya hindi na masyadong nagagampanan ang tungkulin bilang abogado ng kompanya kaya I had to request for a substitute from lolo's trusted law firm. A permanent substitute at that. Parang wala na rin namang pag asang bumalik pa si Mr. Go.

"Saglit lang. I have to sign this bunch of papers in here. Please take a seat. I'm sorry. " Sabi ko habang busy na nagpipirma ng mga memo na nakatambak sa mesa ko.

Someone sit on the chair at the front of my desk. Natigilan ako.

Why? Because I can smell him/her. Ang bango. It smells familiar.

Halos lumuwa ang mata ko when I saw who that is.

Lumiwanag ang mukha ko. And then lumungkot. And then i'm about to cry.

"Steffi?"

I don't know how to act. I don't know what to do. I just announced her name and then I became speechless.

I expected for her to smile at me even for a greeting. Pero kunot noo at halatang aburido syang nakatingin sa akin. Nakapameywang pa.

"Maiwan ko na po muna kayo." My secretary said as he went out of my office.

Tanga lang. Why haven't he announce earlier who's with him?

She eyed me from head to foot and then from foot to the tip of my crumpled hair.

"You haven't shaved." That's what she said first.

That is the first thing that she had said. For four years.For four long years.

Iyon lang ang sasabihin nya? Na hindi ako nakapag ahit?

She's crazy.

I watch her as she inspected my office. She wore a simple above the knee peach dress that hugs her curves.

Mas pumuti yata s'ya ngayon.
Mas tumangkad ng konti.
Slimmer yet still huggable.
She's even sexier.
But she's more matured now.
Beautiful as ever.

I wanted to hug her. God knows how much I missed her.

I was about to do so when her phone rang.

"A moment. I have to take this call." She said as she get her phone from her purse.

I listen as she talks.