Awkward Situations part 2

Chapter 30

Aprel's pov

After Michelle had dropped us off, it was so weird. She had just drove away before Ed and I could even thank her for the ride home, and Peter had went straight to his room without saying a word.

Ed had told me to not stress about it, but it was the only thing on my mind. Like, how does the whole thing not sound suspicious??

After about fifteen minutes, I decided to push it aside. I then walked into the kitchen, looking for something small to eat. My eye gets caught by a gorgeous green apple. It was the only green apple in the bowl in the middle of the table. The other ones were a dark red.

Green apples were my favorite.

I quickly grabbed the green apple and walked back to my room. Curiosity about Michelle and Peter again fill my mind as I take a bite from the juicy apple. Turns out, it was only a distraction for about two minutes. I sigh, but then my heart skips a beat as I remember something.

MY BOOK!!

It's was still in my closet, from where I had put it the first day I moved in! I thought I'd never get to read it, since a whole lot of drama had happened back then, but now, I'm dying of boredom and am desperate for a distraction!

I run to my closet and tear the door open. I notice the book was on a shelf and it looked sad and lonely just sitting there. I carefully placed my hands over the book and lift it from the shelf. It's still as beautiful as it was the first time I got it.

Not caring that I was near the closet, I take a seat on the carpet floor and slowly open the book to the first chapter. My smile only grew bigger as I sat there, reading the book I had wanted and waited to read, and it felt like years. But now, here it was, in my hands, my eyes going over every word.

Life could not get any better than this.

Ed's pov

I was worried about Aprel.

Not Peter. Not Michelle.

Aprel.

Yeah, I might sound strange, but Pete's always doing really weird things now. I don't feel bad for him anymore. I don't feel worried, and I don't want to be in his business, because then he'll do the exact same to me, and I do not want that.

I understand Aprel is confused and she just wants to find out what's wrong with him, but I'm not sure that'd be the best idea. I don't want her to be so close to Pete anymore, not until I find out what's going on with 'em. Maybe, if he ends up getting with Michelle, or something, then she can talk to him all she wants, but for now, it's a no.

I hope that doesn't sound too demanding. And I certainly hope it
doesn't sound like I am jealous, because I am most definitely not. I just want what's best for Aprel, and I don't want Peter hurting her in any kind of way.

I feel as if I should check on her, just in case. I don't like seeing her stress about Peter. Anything but him. He should honestly be the last thing in her mind.

Maybe when I go in her room, I could offer her a glass of water, or tea, or whatever she is in the mood for. Maybe if I go in there and see that she's still stressing, I could take her out of the house and we could do something. Just us two. Yeah, maybe that might take Peter off her mind.

I walk on out of my room and head towards Aprel's. Her door was wide open, but I didn't really see her anywhere, but I knew for sure, that she was in here.