My Ed

♕♕♕

Chapter 55

An hour later

"Ahhhhhh," I let out a long sigh. "It feels so good to be home,"

Ed smiled as he shut the door behind him. "Yeah, it does. I wonder where Peter went."

I turned my body and looked out the window. "His car is parked right there. Shouldn't that mean that he's here?"

"But look," Ed put his hand in the letterbox and pulled out a few papers. "The mail hasn't been touched. I think he's out."

"With who?"

"Michelle, obviously." Ed giggled. "Who else?"

"Oh," Of course. Who else. "I almost forgot."

"What?" Ed's eyes watched me and I became nervous.

"What?" I repeated after him.

"What did you forget?" His eyes were curious and sweet.

I tried to smile. "I forgot about Michelle. I don't see her anymore." Not that I'm complaining. I look down at the ground and clear my throat. 

She's just too much. It's good that she doesn't come by anymore.

"Yeah, I see your point." Ed nodded as he grabbed my hand and held it tightly. "Maybe we should have a double date sometime."

I accidentally laughed aloud. "Yeah, totally!"

Ed let go of my hand as he stood in front of me. "What?" He grinned. "How is that funny?"

I shook my head, stepping away from his tall figure. "It just is,"

"Where are you going?" I heard him ask, but I don't turn around.

"I'm going to shower." I disappear into my room and grab random, clean clothes from my drawer, then I go into my closet and pull out a nice, fuzzy pink towel and dash into the bathroom.

Michelle and Peter, out together, psh! I thought to myself.

I wonder if he's happy. I know Michelle sure is, but what about Peter?

His feelings matter more.

I started the water and made sure that the temperature was just how I liked it: nice and warm. Then I slowly began to peel off my clothes.

Double date, I mumble to myself, then wonder, I can't believe Ed had the nerve to mention having a double date.

Sure, maybe I've thought about inviting Michelle over for dinner a while back. I'll admit, I wanted a double date with her, too, but that was before any of this crazy stuff happened. Now, I know who she really is and what she's like, and I don't want to be anywhere near her.

I bet that's why Peter's been out so much, because he RESPECTS my feelings and goes OUT to see Michelle, instead of BRINGING her here. Unlike Ed, who brought her here just four days ago, because he wanted to set things straight.

I understand Ed's point of view, I do. But he didn't even tell me, and when I woke up that morning and had seen her sitting on the couch, I panicked.

I never thought I'd see her back so soon.

And I thought Ed understood.

I thought Ed was on my side.

But apparently, he isn't.

Ed's POV

I watched as Aprel walked into the restroom and closed the door behind her.