Just Strange

Chapter 53

Peter's pov

"Hello?" I speak into the phone, wondering what Michelle could want.

"Where are you?? We're supposed to be talking about your anxieties!" She yells at me.

I sit back and check the time. "Oh. I thought it was an hour from now."

"You idiot! Do you need to go back to school or something?" She sounds disappointed.

All I could do was shrug. "Calm down. We can always reschedule."

"No! No! No!" She interrupts me. "It's not that simple! You can't just reschedule a date, Peter. It hurts!"

I roll my eyes at the word 'date' but I didn't fight back. "Okay then. I'll be there in less than fifteen minutes."

"Thank you," she says before hanging up. I nod and get my shoes on.

I step out of my room and hear Aprel and Ed giggling at something. I smile and go to Ed's door and knock, respectfully.

"Petey! Come on in!" Aprel smiles at me. I blush and shake my head.

"Nah, I'm about to go." I nod towards Ed and he gives me a look.

"Off where? Is Kim already coming?"

I shake my head and laugh. "No, I have an appointment with Michelle and we might go out."

"Aww! You're completely red!!" Aprel shouts and I hide my face.

"Am not!!"

Ed laughs. "We hope you have fun."

"Yeah. Buy her flowers!" Aprel winks at me.

So she likes flowers. I smile to myself.

Suddenly the door bell rings, and I wonder if Michelle is that impatient. I sigh, walking away from Ed's room and to the front door. I open it and am surprised to see a very tall man with dark hair and eyes like Ed's. He looked nervous maybe even frightened when he saw me.

"Can I help you with something?" I ask, almost rudely.

The guy just stutters. "Well, I might- I think that I might be at the wrong house. I'm sorry. I'll go." He begins to walk backwards. I stare at him in confusion until Ed slightly pushes me out of the way.

"Harriet!" He calls. The man turns around and his eyes brighten when he saw Ed.

"Ed?" He goes up to Ed and they hug. I've never been so confused in my life.

"Glad that you came. Aprel's inside. She'll be so happy to see you." Ed whispers, not even looking at me while he's inviting this stranger inside our house, talking about his girlfriend.

"She doesn't know, right?" The man pulls out a small teddy bear from his pockets. My eyes widen, thinking if that had some sort of bomb or something.

"No, of course not! I'm really glad we're doing this." Ed smiles at the guy. I stare at them both, but mainly the Giraffe. I couldn't help but notice he had a nose like Aprel's.

"Come. She's in my room." Ed walks past me and takes the bug eyed creature away.

I act fast. "Hey!! Whoa, whoa! Who's this?? I deserve to know!!"

"SSHHH!!" Ed rushes over to me and covers my mouth. "We're surprising Aprel."

I roll my eyes. "Her birthday already passed and I'm one-hundred percent sure she doesn't want that clown."