Weird People

Chapter 44

Ed's pov

"Listen, you two. I don't know what's going on, but I don't appreciate you talking to this poor young lady like that. Now, you better apologize."

"Apologize???" I could not believe it. A policeman was telling me to apologize, especially to Michelle. This is- this is just ridiculous!

"Yes, that's what I said. Why? Is that a problem, sir?"

"Ummm, well- yES THERE'S A FREAKING PROBLEM! WE AREN'T IN 1ST GRADE, ANYMORE! SO DON'T ASK ME TO APOLOGIZE! ESPECIALLY TO HER!"

"First of all, mister, is that I wasn't asking you."

"Shhh! Ed, remember, Aprel is right there. Don't shout, she might have a headache, and second, don't be ignorant, man. Don't disappoint her. Make the right choice, even if you find it kinda stupid." Peter replied with concern in his voice. I turn towards Aprel and realize that Peter was right.

"Ed, I love you." I heard her sweet melodic voice. I looked into her eyes and I saw something that I've never really seen before. I saw fear, passion, beauty, and anger, all together.

I was just so shocked that I finally heard those three words from her, I didn't know how to react.

"I ship it!" Peter whispers loudly, and Aprel giggles.

I blush as I shake my head, then grab onto her hand again.

"I love you too." I say to her, and I suddenly felt as if I was on cloud nine. Like, I was the luckiest person on the planet. I felt alive. Very alive. Like never before. I was overjoyed and nothing could ever get better than this.

"Alright, this is really cute, but someone owes me an apology." Michelle tosses her hair behind her shoulders.

The policeman nods his. "Yes. That is correct." He then folds his arms over his chest and I groan.

Aprel's pov

"Are you serious??" Ed shouts.

"What do you not understand, Edward!" Michelle exclaims and I can only pretend that she notices my angry glare for her, but I was just too weak to actually do it. "To apologize is to say sorry for something you did wrong, but you have to mean it."

"Uhh .. no. No, no, not really! He can say sorry without meaning it, well at you, at least."

"No! Because, then what's the point of doing it? If you don't even mean it?!"

"The point is, to make the crybaby feel better, and so that way they can shut the heck up from being so annoying!" Ed replies and I actually smirked a little.

"That's not right!!" She cried. "Arrest them, both!!"

My eyes widened.

"Hey, you're not seriously going to do that, now, are you??" Peter panics. "W- we've done nothing wrong."

"Yeah!" I whisper, but nobody hears me.

"No, of course not! Do you think I'm some sort of stupid officer, who doesn't know how to do his job?? I'm not going to arrest you for not saying sorry, but I'm also not arresting this young lady because you have no proof that she did any of that!" The officer shouts, pointing his finger at me, and I suddenly get this weird feeling.

"I don't need proof!" Ed shouts back.

"We actually do, Eddy." Peter slaps his palm against his forehead. "Or else, how are we going to get people to believe us?"