Chapter 20

What was supposed to be a peaceful morning on our first day back from vacation ended up being hectic.

To start off, I didn't get my pie. Which was a very disappointing thing to wake up to. Second, we had a home invasion. It's not everyday you wake up to hear shouting in the living room.

"Dude, you have got to give me back that key!" I heard Cal yell. I had gotten up to investigate, but I should've known who it was. Nick stood in front of Cal with a large grin on his face.

"I thought I told you I have to keep it for emergencies purposes," Nick tried to reason.

"This isn't an emergency!"

"I didn't say I would only use it for emergencies purposes." Cal looked like he was about to tackle Nick, but Nick's eyes settled on me and he grinned wider.

"Well if it isn't my best friend's boyfriend," Nick announced while walking behind me to use me as a barrier.

"First off, no. Second off, are you really trying to use this shorty as a shield?"

"Yes, is it working?" Cal stopped in front of us and slapped him. Nick recoiled and brought his hand up to his cheek.

"Ow! There's not need for violence!"

"There is when someone is breaking into my house."

"It's Rory's house too, and he's welcoming me in. Right, Rory?" Nick looked to me for reassurance.

"Well, eh..." His jaw dropped.

"Really? After all the bonding time we had. I see, take your boyfriend's side of things."

"Would you stop that," Cal growled. "Today, was supposed to be a relaxing day, so why are you here?"

"I come baring gifts! Specifically for Rory." I noticed that Nick was indeed holding a plastic bag. He pulled out what looks to be a DVD case. On the cover it clearly said "Star Wars" in large lettering. Cal rolled his eyes.

"Really?"

"What do you mean 'really?'" Nick looked genuinely offended. He hugged the case to his chest with an appalled look on his face. "You cannot just dis the greatest movie series of all time, Cal."

"It's not the movie. It's just that you came over early, on a Saturday morning no less, to watch some movies."

"Can't it be because I miss you?" Nick spread his arms like he was going in for a hug, but Cal backed away. "Honestly, no one else treats their best friend like this."

"Then find a new one." Cal went to the kitchen. Nick took this as a sign to stay and gave me a thumbs up. I laughed while he went to the TV and began to put the movie on.

"You better be in there making pie," I said to Cal while he was in the kitchen.

"Who said I would make you pie?"

"You did."

"I want some pie!" Nick interjected with a smile.

"You don't get any." Nick let out a miserable groan.

"Jeez, a guy would get the feeling that he's unwanted around here."

"Man, who would ever think that," Cal responded sarcastically. He sounded upset, but when I looked at him he was smiling. It put a smile on my face to know that he really did love Nick, even if he didn't want to admit it. I was also happy to see him get out the ingredients for pie.

"So, why are we watching this?" I asked Nick while some of the "previews" (as I learned they're called) came on.

"Why? Would you rather watch something else?"