XVI

Corinthia's Pov

The fear sits quietly, imprisoning the person I was born to be. My breathing becomes erratic, deep, then shallow. All the while, I keep thinking about where I am or why I can't see a damn thing. I'm desperately trying to control myself and allow my nerves to calm down. Though like every sane person, I'm still mildly horrified.

I fight it.

I fight the sharp breaths and sweat dripping down my forehead. Each time this happens part of me gets stronger, learning how to cope but a part of me weakens. To stop hyperventilating and recover, I don't think of what was next to come. The person I am supposed to be is brave and that is exactly what I am doing.

If I try to move, restraints hold me back and if I yell, no one will answer me. Eventually I give up and my body becomes numb with the unknown threats waiting outside the room I have been locked in.

The doors opened suddenly and my breath was stuck in my throat. I felt my jaw lock and my teeth clench against each other. The dark demon circled me once- twice before facing me with a mask, hiding his face I've only ever seen in old holograms.

"Corinthia W. Arlo," He spoke, his mask changing his voice to sound more machine than man. "The pilot I've heard so much about."

"How do you know my name?" I demanded, my toes curling in my boots.

"I know everything," He replied, crouching down slightly to face me. "Well almost, that's why you are here."

"The Resistance will not be intimidated."

"That's what you think."

Kylo Ren took a step back and I took a full glance at Jude's father. He was tall, very, very tall but also very, very intimidating. His black robes covered his entire body leaving no signs of human skin. He looked like a Sith Lord but I had no way to confirm if he was one or not. "That's what I know."

"Respect your elders," He responded, taking hold of his lightsaber. "You aren't making a very good impression, especially if you are Jude's girlfriend."

I bite the inside of my cheek. "Your opinion is nothing but a mere whisper that got lost in the wind."

The saber was ignited and sat precariously on my skin, soft enough to not pierce my neck, hard enough to burn my skin enforce the intended message. The harsh blade was raw against my bare skin and I couldn't think clearly about anything except for the excruciating pain on my neck. My throat and heart held in a silver grasp, and all I could do was stare lifelessly at the mask, that held the blade and a terrifying coldness I had never seen before. My heart was pounding and I could feel my eyes water with tears but again I told him, "The Resistance will not be intimidated."

Trembling, I tipped my chin up into the sharpened edge, tempting him to end my life, half hoping he would since the agony was becoming unbearable. A small stream of blood trickled from the wound I could feel, he did not flinch. My beating heart shifted at the sight of him not backing down, causing more crimson liquid to flow from the raw wound he had inflicted. "You won't kill me. You obviously need something from me because you would've killed me by now."

He pulled his lightsaber away from my neck and took a powerful step back, leaning against a wall. "You are so very right."

"I usually am," I mutter under my breath, relieved that the blade had been taken away. "What are you going to do to me?"

"I need to know what you know about the Resistance and their plans."

"Like that's going to happen." I felt like there was a prodigious courage pushing inside me, demanding me to be brave and strong. I never had this kind of bravery before, yeah, I felt proud of myself.

He raised his hand and suddenly my mind felt like a million bombs had gone off. I dig my nails into my palm and resent from letting out a scream.

"Your defences won't be up for much longer," He tells me, pressing his gloved fingertips against my forehead. "You won't win."

By the time I had finished yelling, my voice was so hoarse and raw, I thought my lungs were bleeding. Unable to fight back, I look up at him and wait for him to speak. "So Corinthia, what do you know?"

I try to keep my mouth closed but his hand on my forehead eventually wins and I spill everything. "I know that General Leia Organa still believes that she can you and Bellamy Solo from the Dark Side. I know that the General may have dementia because she fell after you threatened to kill everyone apart of the Resistance. The last thing I remember from the battle on Naboo is that Queen Nalani Trelawney is in our care and the galactic senate will not stand for your outrage. The Resistance is trying to figure out what the First Order is desperately looking for-" I pause to take a breath, tears streaming down my face.

"-I know that Jude Solo wants to kill you, rip you apart, make you suffer for all that you have done to him. I know that despite his age, Luke Skywalker is about as powerful as you and Bellamy Solo combined. The Resistance is looking for your new base and we believe that it is somewhere in the outer rims. The senate, the Republic, the Resistance, the galaxy? Yeah, we are all ready for a war."

"Is that it?" He questions.

I close my eyes and nod, ashamed that I couldn't fight his mind control. "Are you going to kill me?"

Kylo Ren shook his head. "You just gave away every secret that could of made the First Order extinct! I'm not going to kill you but I'm sure the betrayal in your heart will kill you soon enough."

"You're a monster." I seethed through my teeth, sweat dripping off my face and mixing with the blood on my neck.

"I've heard it all before Corinthia," He stated. "And I'm afraid that I don't care much."

"Why are you like this?" I asked, drifting in and out of consciousness. "Is it because Elara died?"

Like a phantom, he swooped so close to me that I could hear him breathing from inside the mask. "You didn't know her so don't you dare think you know me. You don't know the power of the Dark Side, you only know your pathetic Resistance but I'm sure that you lost that too, since you betrayed them."

The doors open and he leaves without looking back. I want to call out after him, question if he's leaving me to die but my throat is feels like open flesh. I become still and my eyes close. Who knows, maybe day two of being captured by the First Order will be better...