Chapter One

Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds and Toni Braxton have been inseparable from the beginning of her career. She looks up to Babyface as a big brother, but she's slowing realizing he's more than a brother to her.

Toni and Ken have been working in the studio on their album "Love, Marriage & Divorce: Part II".

"Ken, let's go to the bridge one more time." Toni says. He clears this throat.

"Alright." Ken says.

"What's wrong? Why are you taking off your wedding band?" Toni asks with great concern.

"Nicole said the 'D' word to me. Divorce. We've been together for almost two years and we have our daughter, Peyton. I don't know. Enough about me, let's sing." Ken explains.

"Ken, I'm sorry. Divorces are hard to go through. I'm here for you." Toni smiles. She picks up headphones and records the hook to one of their new songs. Ken gets up to get water and Toni stops singing.

"Ken, you okay?" Toni asks. He nods his head and he goes back into the booth.

"I'm done now." Toni uttered. She sips her water and locks up the studio that Babyface owns. Toni hugs Face and he wraps his arms around her body.

"Toni, thank you. See you later." Ken said in a very monotone voice. She drives off to her home. It takes ten minutes for Toni to drive from the studio to her home in LA. As she pulled up in her driveway, she observed Denim, her first born son, and a mysterious girl, she has never seen before on the porch.

"Hey, Denny!" Toni said as she was waving.

"Hello, Mom. It's Denim, by the way." Denim stated. Toni's face curled up and she waved at the mysterious girl.

"This is Joelle, my girlfriend." Denim hesitated to say. Toni's eyes widen and she smiled.

"Hello, Ms. Braxton, my family is a HUGE fan of your work." Joelle vocalized.

"Thank you, Joelle. So Denim, how long have you been dating her?" Toni questioned.

"Tomorrow makes six months." Denim said.

"Six months?! You're now just telling me? Does your aunties know? MomMom knows? Your father knows?!" Toni asked. She's so surprised that her baby boy is really growing up.

"Everyone knows, except you. I know you'd react, in a questionable manner." Denim said.

"Well, that's nice. I'll be going inside now. Nice meeting you, Joelle." Toni says as she enters her house. The door closes, and Toni yells on top of her lungs. As Toni was pacing through her home, a surprise visitor came to see her. Ken slams the door and kisses Toni and lifts her up.

"Kenneth, you're married. Stop it right now." Toni repels.

"Toni, I don't care. I need you in my life." Kenneth whispers. He carries Toni upstairs in her bedroom. They make love and Ken takes off his wedding ring. He unbuttons his shirt and she gets sick to her stomach.

"Ken, I'm about to vomit, get off." Toni yells. Toni runs into her personal bathroom and hunches over the toilet and pukes.

"You're pregnant, Toni?" Ken asked.

She shakes her head 'no', and rinses out her mouth. "I haven't been feeling well lately, probably due to my lupus, I don't know. Ken, you ought to be leaving now." Toni requested. He shrug his shoulders and left her home. Later that night, Kenneth's wife, Nicole, was questioning the crap out of him.

"Where have you been? Why do you have lipstick on your neck? Who were you with? Why do you smell like a female? Why are you so messy?" Nicole asked.

"Nicole, I was at Toni's house and I kissed her, she didn't come up to me. I made love to her, and to tell you the truth.. I enjoyed it. Nicole, lately we've been fussing and fighting and I'm tired of it. I don't even love you to be honest; I stayed with you because of our daughter. Now, I know you're going to br heartbroken when I say this but I'm filing for divorce. I'm packing up my things and I'm moving. Bonus, I'm taking Peyton with me." Ken said. Nicole's tear ducts have been filled with tears and she slapped Kenneth's face.
Later on in the day, Ken invited Toni to a restaurant.

"Nice to see you, again." Toni said.

"I'm getting a divorce, Toni. Nicole and I have been fussing and fighting, too often. So therefore, I'm leaving her."
The waiter bought a bottle of white wine, and Ken opened the bottle and poured out some of the wine in her glass.

"Ken, I'm good. I want water. I took medication before I came here." Toni said.

"Toni, you have a little glow. You sure you're not pregnant?" Ken asked.

"Kenneth, for the last time, I'm not pregnant. It's my lupus, I'm telling you." Toni said.

As the time flew by and conversations were happening, it was time to go. Ken kissed Toni's cheek and they went their separate ways. Toni drove to the nearest drugstore and bought three pregnancy tests, just to see if anything happened. Toni pulled up to her home and immediately went into her bathroom. She peed on three sticks waiting for the results. The sad face represented 'not pregnant', the happy face represented 'pregnant'.
Stick one, the sad face appeared and stick two and three appeared happy faces. Toni called her OB to schedule an appointment.