Chapter Two

Toni arrives to her OB for the 11AM appointment. She enters the examination room and lays down on the table to do a sonogram.

"Ms. Braxton, there's two legs, a little head, and you're in luck, you're having a girl." Toni's OB said. Toni was so surprised that she's expecting.

"You're three months along." Toni's OB said. She texted Ken to come to dinner with her family held at her household.

Later in the day, Toni was in bed and she heard her sisters coming in her home.

"TONI!" Tamar yelled. Towanda rolled her eyes because Tamar is yelling on top of her lungs right near her ears.

"I'm upstairs, come on in!" Toni yelled. All of the sisters came and laid in bed with Toni.

"Geez, don't lay in my bed with your outside clothes." Toni demanded.

"You tried it, this is a new dress." Tamar said.

"Same. Why do you look so sad?" Traci said. Toni scooted up in her bed, and told the announcement to her sisters.

"I'm pregnant. Your niece is coming in six months." Toni smiled. All of the sisters were so excited because this is Toni's first daughter!

"Who is the father?" Trina asked.

"I don't know. I hooked up with Ken a few days ago. I thought my lupus was acting up. I didn't tell the boys yet, I'm so frustrated and confused." Toni cried.

"Toni, I'm here for you. If you don't know who the father is, then it's okay. We all love you." Towanda said.

"Yeah, yeah, but TONI, you hooked up with Babyface?! Look at God. I'm so surprised. Ain't he married with a child?" Tamar said in her famous high pitched voice.

"He's filing for divorce and he doesn't know that I'm pregnant. But I'm going to tell him tonight at dinner." Toni explained.

"Good luck. Hope you find the baby daddy. I'm out." Tamar said.

"Tamar, you're so insensitive. For once, stop thinking about yourself. Toni needs us. She's going through a lot right now. Be happy for her." Towanda said.

"Damn, Tamar. You're making Toni emotional right now. For once, can the spotlight be on someone, OTHER than yourself?" Traci asked.

"The spotlight has been on Toni since '93, you've got to be kidding me." Tamar uttered. Trina rolled her eyes.

"Enough! Tamar, you're not leaving. We have to support Toni. She's pregnant and doesn't know who the father of her unborn child. Stop with all the drama, this is a sisterhood." Trina said. Toni was too emotional to speak.

"You're too pretty to cry, Tone. It's going to be okay. I gotchu. We'll be downstairs." Towanda said. As Traci, Towanda and Trina were heading downstairs, Tamar apologized to Toni.

"Toni, I'm sorry. I really am. It's just that I wasn't expecting you to say... — that you're expecting. I'm happy that you're happy. I love you." Tamar said.

"It's fine, I'll be okay. I love you too." Toni said while wiping her tears. Toni got out of bed to freshen up her face. She heard a male voice in her living room. It was Ken and his daughter, Peyton. Toni got dressed and went downstairs and sat down at the dinner table. She was the head of the table, so therefore she graced the food.

"Sooo.. Toni." Tamar blurted out. It was too early to tell the big announcement, but Toni said it anyways.

"I have an announcement. I'm having a baby." Toni smiled. Everyone was super excited besides her boys, Denim and Diezel.

"You're kidding right?" Ken asked. Toni shook her head, and Diezel went upstairs to his room.

"Excuse me, I'll be right back." Toni whispered to everyone. She entered Diezel's room and spoke to him.

"Diez, I'm sorry." Toni apologizes

"It's not even that. I don't want this new baby to break up our family. I have nobody, anymore. My own brother has his girlfriend, you're allegedly seeing someone and I'm by myself. Who can I talk to?" Diezel said.

"Honey, you're so important to me. You can always run to me, no matter what. I'm your mother. I love you way too much for you to feel like this." Toni said while rubbing his head full of head. As Diezel and Toni were walking down the stairs, Denim walked up to his room.

"You okay, honey?" Toni asked.

"I wanna be alone." Denim said. Toni let Diezel go back downstairs.

"Is it about the baby?" Toni asked.

"Yeah. Do you hate Diez and I? Like you got tired of us and now you're having a baby?" Denim asked.

"Hate you and your brother? Absolutely not! I love you guys so much, it's just that this baby was very unplanned and unexpected. Your little sister is going to need her two big brothers to love and protect her. I need you guys." Toni said.

"Is Ken the father?" Denim asked.

"I don't know. That's what I'm worried about." Toni explained while touching her stomach.

"Well, I'm going to support you, Mom." Denim said.

"I love you, gimme a kiss." Toni said. He kissed his mother on the cheek and walked downstairs back to the dinner table.

"Honey, can I speak to you for a minute?" Ken asked Toni while walking towards upstairs.

"Yeah babe, what's up?" Toni asked. Ken cleared his throat to vocalize his question.

"Am I the father?" Ken asked.

"I think so, you're the only man I hooked up with in the past few years. But will you still be there to support me?" Toni asked.

"Is that a real question? I love you and your boys and my baby boy." Ken said. Toni laughed in bis face.

"Sorry honey, it's a girl." Toni smiled.
He pulled Toni closer towards him.

"We have guests. Come on, let's go back to the table." Toni smiled.

Ken grabbed Toni's waist.

"Upstairs tonight." Ken whispered in Toni's right ear.

"My hormones are raging right now." Toni giggles while holding Ken's hand.

Chapter 3 coming soon 😏