Chapter Eight

Today is the day that Ken picks up Peyton from her mother's house.

"Daddy, is Toni nice?" Peyton asked while playing with her hair.

"Of course, Princess. She's really nice, especially to me. She hasn't seen you in two years." Ken said while driving home.

"I have two new brothers, too. Denim and Derrick!" Peyton smiled. Kenneth laughed at Peyton.

"Baby, it's Diezel. Not Derrick." Ken said.

"Are you excited that your only princess is going to live with you?" Peyton asked while playing with her doll.

"You're not going to be the only princess anymore. In four months, Toni is having a baby, your sister." Ken explained to Peyton. The car ride grew silent and the conversation ended. Ken pulled up to the driveway and took Peyton's bags and entered the door.

"Peyton is here!" Ken yelled for everyone to hear. Denim came from the kitchen, Diezel came from the basement and Toni came from the dining room.

"Hey, I'm Diezel. There is one rule in this house, listen closely. Don't get on my nerves!" Denim elbowed him.

"Don't pay attention to my brother. I'm Denim, the nice boy. Just don't get in the way, okay? Okay." Diezel elbowed him as well. They left and there was Toni.

"Hi princess Peyton. You grew since the last time I saw you." Toni says while rubbing her stomach.

"I'm not a princess, you're having a baby girl and I don't like that. Dad, show me to my room." Peyton demanded. Ken knelt down for eye level between himself and Peyton.

"Don't talk to your soon to be stepmother. Have respect, for her please." Ken said. Peyton's eyes grew big and she got upset.

"You're marrying Toni?" Peyton asked. Toni nodded her head and so did Ken.
Peyton ran upstairs and hid in a room.

"Peyton! Come back!" Ken yelled.

"I'll go get her, you stay down here and make her lunch." Toni said. She walked up the stairs very slow.

"Don't look for me." Peyton said in the bathroom. She forgot to lock the door and Toni saw her in the tub.

"Peyton, I know this is so unexpected. It is for me too, but I want you to know that you'll always be your father's princess." Toni said while pulling back strands of Peyton's curls.

"Mom-, I mean Toni, well, auntie, I don't what to call you... but I'm sorry for acting childish. I think I'll have to get use to this. I thank you though." Peyton says.

"Thank me? I didn't do anything." Toni said.

"You did do something. You made my daddy happy. I love you, Ms. Toni." Peyton said while climbing out the porcelain tub.

"You're so sweet! Don't call me 'Ms. Toni', I feel old. Call me 'TT'." Toni giggled. Peyton shook her head and went downstairs with Toni into the kitchen.

"Daddy, I'm sorry for being a brat. You better take care of TT. She's a keeper." Peyton smiled while looking at Toni.

Chapter Nine coming soon 💫