Chapter Four

Toni reaches into her bed and cuddled with Ken after she took a bath to clean up herself up.

"Do you think when I get bigger, I'll look sexier?" Toni asked.

"Is that a question, Toni? You're sexy and you're ever sexier because you're pregnant with our baby girl." Ken smiled.

"This is why you're my man." Toni whispered while kissing Ken. Denim came up the stairs and saw his mother cuddling with Ken.

"Heard you're getting married. Congratulations." Denim said with a nonchalant tone.

"I am! I want you and your brother to walk me down the aisle." Toni requested while rubbing her stomach.

"When is this so called wedding?" Denim asked.

"April 10th, next year. Why?" Toni asked. Ken smiled at his beautiful fiancée because their wedding day is the same day as Ken's birthday.

"I can't be there. Joelle's family bought my plane ticket to the Dominican Republic for some family wedding and family reunion." Denim explained.

"First off, you're not missing your mothers wedding day. Second of all, I never gave you permission to go, so therefore you're not going, love." Toni explained.

"This isn't fair at all. Like this happened so fast. You're pregnant and now you're getting married. I wish you weren't happy, I'm being damn selfish, and I could careless. Regardless, I'm doing this because I love Joelle so much, that you or Ken can break us up." Denim yelled. He was full of anger and had tears.

"Denim, respect me and your mother." Ken said.

"YOU'RE NOT MY FATHER! SO THEREFORE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE HIS PLACE!" Denim yelled. He left to go to his room. Toni got up from the bed and knocked on the door.

"Denim? Can I come in?" Toni said while knocking on the door. The door opened and his head was in his pillow.

"Den, everything is happening so fast. Between this baby and this engagement. Look, you have to respect Ken, even though he's not your father, he's your stepfather. You can go to DR with Joelle's family. I love you." Toni smiled.

"I love you too, ma." Denim said. He walk up to Ken and apologized for his behavior.

"Kenneth, I'm sorry for being obnoxious and annoying, it won't happen again." Denim said. They both hugged it out and Denim went downstairs to watch tv. Toni crawled back into her bed and rubbed her stomach.

"Remember we have our doctors appointment. 12 noon. I have to start the nursery as well." Ken said.

"Yeah we do. But I'm going to sleep now." Toni smiled.

"Babe, it's only 7pm." Ken laughed. Toni had a little smirk on her face.

"Carrying a child makes you very sleepy and I'm drained. Goodnight my love." Toni said while kissing his forehead.

"Goodnight." Ken sighed. He left their bedroom and went out.

Chapter 5 coming soon 😉