Chapter Eleven

Ken takes Peyton to the park and watches her play on the monkey bars on a sunny Saturday afternoon. As Ken's eyes were watching Peyton, he sees Denim and his girlfriend walking around, doing PDA, the usual things that "fresh" couples do.

"Hey, look at your father with your little sister." Joelle says while walking around the park. Denim sighs and rolls his eyes as he sees Ken giving quick glances over towards him.

"He's not my father and she's not my little sister. She's simply my mother's daughter by relation and not by blood." Denim said while playing with Joelle's ring on her finger.

"Peyton, let's go and let's spend some time with Mommy, okay?" Ken said. Peyton quickly ran over and grabbed her father's left hand and they drove off.

"Daddy, I think I saw Denim and his girlfriend." Peyton said. Ken took a big sigh and looked at Peyton.

"I saw him too... but do you have any names for your little sister?" Ken asked. Peyton giggled while covering her mouth.

"You'll know when your second daughter is born." Peyton said. Ken pulled up to the house and walked to the front door and unlocked the door and entered inside. Peyton creeps upstairs and sees Toni watching reruns of Braxton Family Values.

"Mommy, when is this baby coming? I'm tired of you staying at home by yourself." Peyton said.

"In three more months, I promise you when the baby comes, you and I will have quality time together." Toni said. Princess Edmonds starts to kick Toni's ribs, and Toni pokes the baby's foot and she stops. Peyton's eyes light up as she sees movement in Toni's stomach.

"The baby must wanna come out." Peyton laughs.

"She sure does, but Pey can you give your father and I, ten minutes alone?" Toni asked. Peyton nods and runs off into her bedroom.

"What's up honey?" Ken smiled. Toni pulls Ken closer towards her.

"I wanna start planning the wedding. So far, I want four bridesmaids. My sisters of course and also I want the color light blue, not Tiffany blue because that's played out to me." Toni says while writing.

"I have to pick four men as my groomsmen, but I'll figure something out. I want a private wedding but you probably want an extravagant one." Ken said while massaging Toni's right foot.

"I don't want more than one hundred guests there. My family and friends are gonna be there and I want everyone to be happy; no drama and no sadness." Toni said while rubbing her stomach.

"I want a well known person to officiate our wedding. Preferably, Bishop TD Jakes, or Pastor Marvin Winans." Ken said. Toni smiles and she looks at the clock.

"Oh crap, Ken! We have an appointment with Dr. Jackie at 1pm, it's 12:30." Toni said. They both quickly threw on a simple outfit together and they drove to their destination. Toni entered the office first to sign in and both she and Ken sat down. Within twenty minutes of waiting, Toni was called in and she greeted Dr. Jackie and so did Ken.

"How is the baby doing?" Dr. Jackie asked as she was applying cold gel onto Toni's stomach.

"The baby is moving around, a lot. She kicks but it's not too painful for me." Toni smiles while playing with Ken's fingers.

"For a woman who's six months pregnant, your baby weighs five pounds, so wait until month nine, you're carrying an eight to ten pounder." Dr. Jackie smiles while looking for the baby's heartbeat.

"You're kidding! Toni has a small body structure and she can't carry an eight to ten pounder." Ken said.

"Honey, I'll be fine. Don't worry! This baby won't damage me in any way, shape or form. I gained like eighteen pounds. I'm getting thicker by the day." Toni smiles.

"Listen to your wife, Ken. She's smart." Dr. Jackie giggles. The doctor leaves the examination room so she can print out the sonogram.

"Baby, about the wedding I-" Toni says while being cut off by Ken.

"Stop stressing over the wedding. We have to focus on the baby then planning our wedding will take place, okay?" Ken said.

"Yeah, you're right. I think we should go home now, I'm in need of a major foot rub." Toni said. Dr. Jackie came in right on time to hand Toni the sonogram. Ken helps Toni off the cushioned table and they leave going home. When Ken pulls up into the driveway, he sees Denim bouncing his basketball, furiously.

"Honey, you okay?" Toni asked while rolling down her window.

"Don't wanna talk about it, leave me alone, please." Denim said.

"Mommy and son conversations are the best. Let's talk about it." Toni suggested.

"Mom, NO! I am fine. I don't wanna talk about it. I just want to bounce my basketball in peace. Go on with your fiancé, I'll be okay." Denim said.

"Denim, I love you." Toni said while leaning into Denim to give him a kiss.

"I love you too." Denim smiles. Toni and Ken walk inside the house and go upstairs.

"Baby, I love you so much." Ken says while sucking the life out of Toni's neck. He then quickly runs to lock their bedroom door and makes out with Toni.

"Honey, this baby is making me uncomfortable. Next time, we can do our own thing, okay?" Toni said. Ken nods his head in disappointment. He goes downstairs and enters the backyard and sits on the swing. He receives a phone call from his best friend and musical partner, L.A. Reid.

"Hey man, how's it going?" LA said.
"It's going, Toni is due in a couple of months with our baby girl." Ken sighs.
"What's wrong? You don't sound too happy." LA asked.
"Man, it's like ever since Toni became pregnant, she's been wanting less of me, meaning I can't cuddle with her or really touch her." Ken explained. Toni was behind him, just listening to the conversation.
"It's going to work out. Toni is carrying a baby, and she's probably tired. Give it a few weeks. I gotta go though, tell Toni I said hello. Much love." LA said.
"Bye Reid." Ken says while hanging up the phone. He sighs and looks at the sky.

"Can I sit next to you?" Toni asked. Ken nods his head.

"I heard your conversation between you and LA." Toni said. Ken cleared his throat.

"Toni, I-" Ken said while being cut off by Toni.

"Honey, I'm sorry for being distant with you. It's just that this baby has made me uncomfortable with my body and I don't feel like doing anything, besides relaxing. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." Toni said. Ken wiped her tears and kissed her cheek.

"I love you, and I'm sorry for not expressing my feelings about this. You mean the world to me and you are my everything." Ken said while caressing Toni's cheek.

"You're so crazy, but you're my crazy and you're my peace." Toni said while kissing Ken's forehead.

Chapter Twelve coming soon 🤘🏾💘